Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2019, 05:47 AM   #1
KW1960

Keystone Sprinter 5th wheel

I’m looking at buying a Keystone Sprinter 5th wheel 3571FWLFT. Does anyone have any info about this model?
KW1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
JMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW1960 View Post
I’m looking at buying a Keystone Sprinter 5th wheel 3571FWLFT. Does anyone have any info about this model?

Not that exact model but have been in or around that model a few times. What would you like to know? We have the 3530fwden model (42’ from cap to back bumper) and we absolutely love ours. It’s had a couple of minor issues such as trim but nothing major. Sprinter is Keystones mid level line. We had looked at higher priced units but kept coming back to the Sprinter because it checked off every need or want we had.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Found this:
https://www.byerlyrv.com/product-key...heel/3571fwlft

and this:
https://www.pleasurelandrv.com/produ...heel/3571fwlft

I see it has a residential fridge, IMO you may want to search for issues with that brand, and go into the purchase knowing that RV centers cant work on it other than to remove it for service. We have found a very limited number of appliance repair shops that will even come out to look at them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:08 AM   #4
KW1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaster View Post
Not that exact model but have been in or around that model a few times. What would you like to know? We have the 3530fwden model (42’ from cap to back bumper) and we absolutely love ours. It’s had a couple of minor issues such as trim but nothing major. Sprinter is Keystones mid level line. We had looked at higher priced units but kept coming back to the Sprinter because it checked off every need or want we had.
What kind of problems have you had if any? Have you noticed any cooling problems? Dealer had air conditioner on for two and half hours and it was still 86 in the camper. That being said, it was 99 degrees when they turned the air on. Is this normal?
Old 08-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
What kind of problems have you had if any? Have you noticed any cooling problems? Dealer had air conditioner on for two and half hours and it was still 86 in the camper. That being said, it was 99 degrees when they turned the air on. Is this normal?
One AC unit? and where its located will make a HUGE difference. You can test it to make sure its working correctly. tell the dealer to turn it on about 20 minutes before you show up. Then test the ambient air temp and the temp at the discharge vent, should be 20 degrees cooler, if not then there is an issue that needs to be addressed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
KW1960

Thanks. It has 2 air conditioners and all of those tests showed they were working correctly. However, it still didn’t seem to be able to cool it down. Although it may have just needed more time, so that was my question. Did it need more time?
Old 08-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

IMO no. I have turned on 2 ACs in a similar sized 5th wheel ( grand designs) and 2 hours later it was like 70 degrees inside. It may just need the filters cleaned, or maybe the ductwork sealed better. And it was like 98 degrees outside.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

If the trailer had just been sitting in the sun for who knows how long at temps around 100 degrees, yes, it takes a LONG time to bring the temp inside down to the 70s....if it will. You are trying to cool off every stick of furniture, woodwork, appliances that that have reached that high temp. The trick is to never turn everything off (cooling) and let the temps soar inside if you are staying in it. Keep the interior cool and then the AC(s) will have a better chance of keeping you cool.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #9
JMaster

Quote:

No cooling issues on ours. This is our fourth camper and I also worked as an RV tech for several years at a big local dealer. During our walk through I pulled the vent covers to make sure they were all sealed before we left. It’s been over a hundred a couple of times and I can still get down to around 71-74 inside.

One tip I can share, open a vent or window and blow the air out for a few minutes. The least amount of hot air in the rig while the system is trying to cool it will make a massive difference.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:48 AM   #10
drew999999

We just got our 3571FWLFT this year and love it! Very minor issues that I've taken care of which is expected on nearly any 5er. For cooling, it does have 2 ACs standard and they work fairly well. If its really hot, running the rear AC won't cool it down alone. We kick on the bedroom AC and put a box fan in the doorway to push more cool air back. This will drop the temp from 90+ to 70 in a very short time. The one complaint that I have is that the air flow to the mid-bunk is terrible. If the door is closed to that room, it gets fairly warm quickly. Overall, we really like everything about ours so far.
drew999999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:54 PM   #11
Don N.

We love our Sprinter. We chose to have a second AC added in the bedroom because the AC unit in the main living area could not keep the bedroom cool enough. I suggest you view the attached video to improve your AC output. I did and it improved our main AC output a lot. And, it showed the sloppy install job that was done.

2013 GMC 2500HD w/ B&W turnover gooseneck hitch and Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel gooseneck mount
Airlift airbags

Don N. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, keystone, sprinter