Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
AmandaDavenport

Smart tv connections at KOA

We just purchased a Keystone 27SLE travel trailer, we are staying our first night in it at a KOA resort park. Their internet you have to register on the device you are using it for.

There is a vizio smart tv mounted, but I’m clueless how to get it to connect as it won’t bring up the registration page.

Please help, I had surgery today while my husband set the trailer up and I need something to occupy me as he hasn’t connected the cable wires yet.
AmandaDavenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Every campground that I have stayed at has not had enough band width and would not allow streaming of videos. If you have enough data on your phone you can view videos on your phone and cast it to the smart tv.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
crk112

We have had good luck with a Verizon MiFi hotspot for our Roku stick... as long as we have coverage, that is.
crk112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:54 PM   #4
AmandaDavenport

Thanks guys. We have T-Mobile and the service here SUCKS, even though it’s in the city. I was able to connect my kids Xbox One to the WiFi here, but the TVs I can’t even though the office said others have connected smart TVs. Sucks, but I guess I’ll be watching Netflix on my iPad����*♀️.
AmandaDavenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:47 AM   #5
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaDavenport View Post
Thanks guys. We have T-Mobile and the service here SUCKS, even though it’s in the city. I was able to connect my kids Xbox One to the WiFi here, but the TVs I can’t even though the office said others have connected smart TVs. Sucks, but I guess I’ll be watching Netflix on my iPad����*♀️.
It won't help you on this trip, but check to see if there is an adapter that you can project from your iPad to an HDMI port on the TV. I do it with my Samsung Galaxy 9 and my unlimited data plan. Here's what I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:56 AM   #6
Wxman

I just had what might be a similar problem with my MIL's tv at her assisted living facility. It is sort of like some hotels where you have to pass through the registration or rules page with 'the code' before internet access allowed. Couldn't go straight to Netflix or Hulu, etc. Her television did have a browser built into it. If I went to the browser first and tried to call up a web page it would bring up the registration page. I typed in the code and was able to use the browser. After that, if I used the Netflix or Hulu apps on the television they worked OK.
I have done the casting and the Lightning to HDMI hookups in our camper (no smart TV) as mentioned above as well.
I might be oversimplifying the original problem, but it sure sounded like the issue MIL was having. Couldn't get Netflix connected through the built in app until using the browser first to 'get online'.
Good luck
2017 Silverado Z71 5.3L 3.42 gears(sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 4x4 CCSB SLT (gas)
E4 16k/1.6k hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaDavenport View Post

Do you satellite TV at home? Dish or DirecTV?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote