Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
planesnut

Outside Kitchen Door supports

I have a 2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR with an outside kitchen. A couple years ago, the forward support strut for the kitchen door came loose from the door. I couldn't get any screw to hold, so I drilled the fastener holes all the way thru the door and attached it with thru carriage bolts. On our most recent trip, the rear bracket came off at the trailer side aft mount. I tried to reattach the bracket using larger diameter screws, but they won't tighten. Any one have any ideas besides drilling all the way thru? I have ordered new supports thinking mine may be messed up.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:01 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

IMO, drilling through and putting plates to bolt to sounds like a good plan. Use some butyl tape behind the plates to seal and keep water out.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #3
planesnut

Thanks, funny you replied. I think most of the shaking and vibration occurred from the Kansas turnpike, and Driving around KC was a real thrill. construction and wet weather both directions.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:26 AM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Welcome to the summer ritual in Kansas City of shutting down all the major roadways for repairs. I cant imagine what MODOT will do if we vote to raise the gas tax and give them more funds.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:32 AM   #5
JimMach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Welcome to the summer ritual in Kansas City of shutting down all the major roadways for repairs. I cant imagine what MODOT will do if we vote to raise the gas tax and give them more funds.
You think Kc roads are bad try council bluffs and Omaha they are terrible I moved there 30 years ago and they are still working on the roads. Anyway didn’t mean to hijack your tread . I too would agree doors are made cheaply I would drill all the way through and plate them.
JimMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote