Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
parkgirl

LED 921 replacement made by Kaper II doesn't fit

So I bought some LED replacements for my 921 bulbs on Amazon (Canada). They were made by Lemonbrite and I got 20 of them for less than $20. They fit and they work but I hate the lighting, it's not bright enough and it's way too blue, giving a kind of eerie feel. So I thought I'd try some more expensive bulbs, ($17 each!) buying them from an RV dealer. These bulbs are made by Kaper II. The problem is that they will not fit into the fixture. They are specifically 921 replacements but when I compare the base to the Lemonbrites the base seems a bit thicker. I have no trouble inserting the Lemonbrites into the fixture but with a fair amount of force I cannot get these Kaper II bulbs to fit and I don't want to damage the fixture by forcing too hard. Has anybody else had a problem with the base of an LED replacement not fitting? Has anybody else used this Kaper II brand?
Thanks,
parkgirl
parkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I'm not familiar with your brand. I have had some LEDs that were tight but not so tight they would break anything....just tight and they had to be "worked" in.

You need to do some investigation online about LEDs. They come in colors from dim yellow to white to blue white - basically varying degrees of brightness. Many kinds, many manufacturers. You also need to be sure and get 12-28vdc leds and not the 12v only. The 12v only has very little room for voltage variation before it starts pulsing/blinking and gets bright/dim - which will happen on batteries.

I replaced all of mine, including my outside lights (different type). I went with one color variation first, and they were 12vdc only. I didn't like the color (too yellow/dim) and the 12vdc only caused them to flicker a lot and many of the elements in the lights would quit. I bought the variable voltage bulbs in a brighter color for most of the lights and larger, brighter LEDs to go over the counters and island.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:05 AM   #3
Hodgy

I installed these warm white LED's in my 1800RB and they give me a nice overall light in the trailer, second link. I bought bright white omni-directional for over the table and sink, first link. These were the longest I could get and still fit in the OEM fixture.

Next to fix is the puny one light bulb over the stove, still looking for some LED that will fit into the 9 ˝" x 2 7/8" slot.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...&s=ci&mail=sys

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/r.html?C=2J...394800_TE_dp_1

2016 Bullet 1800RB, UVW 3260, led by a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L, 4WD, Tow & Off Road Package with 4.10 Rear Axle, GVR 7000 lbs, Front GWAR 3925 lbs & Rear GWAR 4000 lbs., Payload 1600 lbs., Hellwig 6012 Air Bags. 97' Honda Goldwing GL1500.
Home Base is the Alberta Foothills at 4300 ' ASL.
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led