Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
Nuke

30ripr Television Cable

We've had problems for quite some time with our televisions in our 30ripr. They all work fine on the antenna, but when we connect the park cable to our outside connection, the picture is very poor (snowy). I can hook park cable direct to the TVs and all is well - for that TV. I know about the cable/antenna switch, and it is correctly positioned (not a newbie at this). I've traced the cable wires in the unit as best I can to try and find a loose connection/bad crimp but have yet to find one. One thing that has eluded me is the location of the cable splitter between the inside (main living area) and outside kitchen TVs. I've pulled anything I can find (they are basically back-to-back on the wall in the slide-out) but I cannot locate the splitter. I've pulled all wall plates, amp switch, and have pulled/tugged on the cable behind the walls until I thought I was going to pull a hole in the wall, but no luck thus far.

Any suggestions on where the splitter is located?

Thanks in advance to suggestions!!!
Sophie and Chloe (mini Schnauzers)
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If all your TV's work fine on antenna then I doubt it's a bad coax or splitter. Since the signal for both roof antenna and park cable use the same coax.

Take the booster plate off and you will see the coax connections on the back. They are all labeled, so it should be easy to take the CABLE coax off and the TV 1 or 2 off, connect them with a barrel connector. If the TV works then you booster is probably bad.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #3
Quiroule

There is a button on the buster plate with a led on it. You need to depress this button when switching to cable in order to transfer the input.

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
RICamper

Try turning OFF the antenna "booster" located in the ceiling of the bedroom. That booster is for the "over-the-air" TV antenna on your roof; not for external cable. The manual says that it should be powered OFF if using an external cable source. It might be causing interference...give it a shot.

By the way,
MT2/SS
USS George C. Marshall (SSBN 654B)
1978-1981 (6 patrols)
Groton Boat (Rota & Holyloch)
Equalizer Hitch System
RICamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, television