Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2016, 05:09 AM   #1
whitmw

Warning for 2400 BH Model Owners

Let me start by saying this is a great TT for the price but I have recently found a flaw we all need to be aware of. I went by my dealer for some warranty work (very minor) and he showed me a model just like mine (2400 bh) that the upper front cover had basically collapsed due to water leaks between the lap seal, front cover and roof. It seems there is no support there and the seals flex quit a bit in the heat breaking the seal if stored uncovered or in direct sunlight. That means we have to stay on top of you seals and inspect the front roof seals way more frequently than reccomended. That being said I do not regret buying this tt one bit. Just a warning to other owners.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
jkohler70

Re: Warning for 2400 BH Model Owners

Just get a roll of Etermabond tape. Front cap seals are notorious for leaking. After developing a leak, and trying in vain to find where I needed to caulk, I applied Eternabond. I've seen reviews from people who have 10 years with this product applied and no issues.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:43 PM   #3
Tbos

There's a post about a 2015 Passport 238ML with a similar leak. Bottom line the seals have to be checked and resealed all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:42 AM   #4
whitmw

Yep you have to always check the seals but I really like the Etermabond tape ideal. Camper is still under factory warranty so I might do that as soon as it is out. It came with a lifetime warranty on some of the basics, but I doubt the tape will affect that.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote