Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #1
nellie1289

Tv mounting bracket in bedroom

Folks, for my 2015, I am going to buy a tv at Costco(still need to measure how big I can go but im guessing 32"). In my particular rv there is a big sticker that says "LCD TV Mounting location" here. I assumet that means there is probably a stud or some sort of spot to drill some screws in the wall at that location. Has anyone done this yet, if so, what bracket did you use? I assume there is power there to plug the tv in the ceiling, but I need to go look in my trailer to be sure(just forgot and its in storage). There is a loop there too and a coax input. Cougar 336bhs. Help if you have a recommendation on a bracket. I plan on using stud finder of course.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
dcg9381

I've done it. The sticker is generic. You have to find the stud.
I used a mount that is designed to mount on a single stud:

Mount

This is a "swing" mount, so the TV will not fit totally center on the stud when fully collapsed (for travel). We bungee over the TV when hauling also.

They've got variations on this also, but I look for that wall-mount that is about 1" wide and several inches tall.

TV mount patterns are called VESA. This mount conforms to a bunch of TVs, but most TV manuals detail the VESA pattern. VESA 75 is 75mm width x 75mm height - I believe.

Mount comes with screws on the wall side and TV side, I believe..
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:30 PM   #3
Steve S

Just because the sticker says that there's a stud there don't count on it because it could be 4" to the left or the right of it
Also the backing plate is just stapled in and in my opinion there's no real strength there. I took the skin off the wall and rebuilt everything so it would handle the weight of the tv.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #4
Hoef

different option

Hi Nellie...

We decided to go for a very specific placement, so we through-bolted a piece of 3/4" plywood, that allowed us to move the mount around to the exact, desired, position. It is solid as a rock!

If you would like additional detail, I would be happy to supply, with pix.

Hoef
Hoef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
Hi Nellie...

We decided to go for a very specific placement, so we through-bolted a piece of 3/4" plywood, that allowed us to move the mount around to the exact, desired, position. It is solid as a rock!

If you would like additional detail, I would be happy to supply, with pix.

Hoef
Hoef that would be awesome. Was the skin easy to take off?
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 11-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #6
eds451

Ditto, I would like to see how you did it.

Central Calif.
2010 Dodge 2500HD, 5.7 hemi
2007 Cougar 244rls
eds451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #7
Hoef

Sorry for the delay..."life" happened

The attached photos show the inside plywood held in place by 2- 1/4x20 SS bolts with washers and nylok nuts on the inside. They are bolted all the way through the exterior wall, with finish washers on the outside of the wall, beneath the tapered heads on the screws.

We used 3/4" plywood, so as to have plenty to screw the TV bracket into. It is simple, very secure, and the plywood can be finished with stain or paint, if one concerned with aesthetics.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mod tv install2.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	9681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod- tv install.jpg
Views:	1175
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	9682  
Hoef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
wooby99

Hi, Our last trailer I had to search to find bracket location. Had no sticker and dealer was no help. I took best guess and used a cordless drill with 1/16" bit to find mounting location. When done drilling the hole, I could use my fingernail to push the raised drilled material back in. You could not tell there was a drill hole there. Our current trailer, I reinforced the wall inside the closet to mount the bracket. With both trailers, I used a full motion bracket off ebay with removable face plate. I just take the tv off the arm and lay it on the bed for traveling. Hopefully someone with the same model as you can help with your mounting problem.
2008 Ford F350 6.4 Powerstroke CCSB (533 whp 1008tq)
wooby99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #9
nellie1289

So I went to the trailer today in storage and took some measurements and such of the bedroom tv area. it seems "fairly solid" all the way across the top of the mounting location which is 32" wide across. A 32" tv which is only about 29" w x 18" h will fit perfect. It seems like they put some sort of panel across the middle because it seems solid all the way across from the top of the wall, and as I move my hand lower down the wall it seems about 25" or so down the wall it gets not as solid(plyable and flexes) which makes be believe there is a backing board across the whole thing. The 32" Samsung I am looking at is only 8.5lbs so I cant imagine this would be sufficient. just need to look for a mounting bracket now. should be easy project. its unreal how cheap TV's are these days.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV