Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #21
shmthaus

I posted this on another social media forum, but I will post here also.

Update: Apparently the Raptor has been repaired, but it is still in the shop. The service manager said that while it was being repaired, a mechanic was on the roof of an adjoining rig and noticed something wrong with the roof of the Raptor. Apparently, the roof started peeling back and needs repair. The SM said that she is going to try and submit it as a manuf defect even though it is out of warranty. She said there have been several Keystone rigs that the roof has come out from under the trim and peeled back. Even though we didn't buy our rig from this dealer, the SM is really fighting for us. We shall see.

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
shmthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #22
dcg9381

Good thread on the roof issues:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23454
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #23
shmthaus

We went to get some stuff out of our rig at the dealership and got to check out the crack. The collision center did a great job, at least from the outside. The service manager showed us what Keystone recommended as a structural fix, but the collision center did a bit more. Keystone's fix was to use 2x4's to beef it up, but the collision center brought in a welder to use steel to beef it up. They also did a fiberglass fix on the crack and I can't even tell where it was. If you live in the Dallas area, Quality Collision in Garland, Tx is who did the repair.

Now, for the roof. We saw pictures of the damage and we can't believe how bad it is. It looks like wind got under the rubber roof from the front trim and just started ripping the rubber back. The pictures have been sent to Keystone and the review is with the upper management. If Keystone covers it, it will take ~10 days to get supplies. If we have to go with insurance, then a couple of days. I really hope Keystone covers it. Our service manager at Holiday World in Mesquite, Tx is really fighting for us.

I guess the takeaway is that you have a good service manager.

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
shmthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #24
vmj

This could be our 412TS we have had the same isssuses exactly and now we found 2 more cracks above the bedroom slide, one on each side. My husband took a piece of the of the wall out, right over the bed, on the inside of the bedroom and found the studs were not welded we have pictures, and we have contacted our dealer, and Keystone.. I am just down right mad over this, not that Keystone cares, our dealer has been great trying to figure out hat can be done, we did get the first crack at the bottom of our slide fixed, now we have two more. Oh and the rubber stuff on our roof came off in strips, and no Keystone did not pay for this, finally after fighting our insurance for over a month they fixed it, then raised our rates. If I knew how to post a picture I would post the picture of the studs with no welds.... and of our rooftop, along with the cracks in our fiberglass. While on this little adventure we have found no one really cares about customer service or the quality of workmanship.....Have a great day and don't forget your smile.
vmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #25
66joej

Now that is scary stuff. What other frame members are not properly or not welded at all. Hope you get some resolve to this problem.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:15 AM   #26
vmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmthaus View Post
Received another call from service manager and Keystone wanted pics from all sides of the Raptor. Front cap, rear, both sides... so I sent quite a few pics.. including that it is stored under a large storage shed.

I guess now I wait...
Did Keystone end up paying for this??
vmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #27
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Interesting in regard to the front edge of the roof my Raptor had a similar issue but luckily I noticed the front band which goes across the front and joins the fiberglass nose and the front rubber roof edge, had popped loose on the street side side. After getting up there noticed that the screw holding down that edge had sheared off. Called my dealer hot line and Keystone to determine what was behind there so I could select the proper screw type, it was wood behind there. Half of screw left in the wood and was not about to try and get it out. Dealer emphasized to not move it without securing it. Could just imagine the wind getting under there and taking it off. Stuffed some putty under that strip and tightened her down with a wood screw. Just wondering if the factory got a bad group of screws Chinese to save a penny or two Yes lucky I caught it, no issues since
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:32 PM   #28
dcg9381

Mine came up due to improperly being glued to the OSB. It essentially got "sucked up" by the vacuum when driving and eventually cut itself on the AC unit.

Keystone seems to address this one of 3 ways:
1) Glue it back down
2) Patch it (partial roof job)
3) Replace the roof

With #3 the thing to watch is that the shop takes the time to smooth/clean the OSB. Alpha requires a smooth surface for their material to be re-applied to. Keystone (apparently) doesn't cover replacing the OSB or the other typical means of making sure the surface is ready for a re-roof. My OSB was rough and there were a few staples poking (not through) the roof membrane.

My roof had to be done a 3rd time before they got it right...

Sounds like the fiberglass on this deal got taken care of pretty well.. that's great...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:44 AM   #29
IM SYKO

Raptor 412TS Crack Near Bedroom Slide

Could I talk you into either texting or emailing the pictures you have to me? I have the same issue going on now. They are picking my trailer up next week and taking it to Oregon. Once they strip the sides off I am going up they to see what the hell they are building. If the welds are junk and I feel the repair is just going to fail again I am going to argue for a new trailer. Everything I can have that shows I am aware of all the Lippert issues and have a big mouth. Contact me by PM