Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
cjac32

Leak Issue Again

I was hoping somebody can help me resolve this on going issue I have with water getting in my trailer.
Last fall on our last camping trip of the season we had water getting in under the slide. It was raining very hard that day. I thought it might be coming up thru above the wheels (spray when traveling). There was no water when we left our house, at least what I could see. When we pulled out our slide the bottom carpert was soaked from the back to about half way up the slide (about 6 feet). The carpet in the slide it self was dry except for the part touching the lower carpet when the slide is in.
We took it to Camping World since it was still under warranty and they claimed that it wasn't properly sealed above the wheels and when we were towing in the rain water from the tires was getting in. They sealed it and adjusted the slide. After I picked the TT and brought it home I did another inspection and there was no additional water (but it wasn't raining that day). Since we were done for the season I wintersized it and put a cover on.
So long story short, this is the first trip of the new year. We get to the campsite pull out the slide and same problem as before. It was raining pretty good on the drive. The thing that is confusing me is it's only the carpet below the slide. We dried the carpert up and even though it's still raining no additional water is getting in.
I hope somebody might be able to gine me some advice before I take it back to the dealer next week.

Sorry for the babbling just a little frusterated.
cjac32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
gepaine

I had the same problem with our new 2011 Cougar TT. Took it to 2 different dealers who adjusted the slide. After the second adjustment, the problem went away and has not returned.

2011 Keystone Cougar 24RKS
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Past Trailer:
Forest River R-POD RP-175
Past Tow Vehicle:
2008 Toyota Sienna
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
cjac32

Thanks for the advice. It's been kind of a pain to get a straight answer from the dealer. They even adjusted the slide the first time with the same results.
Now my carpet is getting stinky, even after shampooing them.
cjac32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
ed cobos

Same prob

We had the same problem in the winter when we went out in a storm. Dealer checked it out because we too had it under warranty. They said everything was fine. We haven't had that problem since , but since we are in SoCal, we havent had rain again. It's real frustrating to take a trailer in for servicing over and over for the same problem. Good luck to you.
ed cobos is offline   Reply With Quote