Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
golfpro

manual over ride slide out

I have a keystone mountaineer 31 rdl. I bought it used and did not see any flex devices to over ride the slide out motors as per the u tube videos. any one with this trailer, by the way, it is a bumper pull not a 5th wheel, and knows how to get the slides in or out when the motor fails. I looked opposite the slides for a nut or what ever to bring in the slide but do not see any thing.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
B&T

Just trivia:
In our Passport with a Bal Electric slide we have the flex devices and have to remove the decorative cover at the top center of the slide inside the TT to get to the manual override.

Not sure if you have the same slide or not.
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

golfpro -

It seems that the manual slide overrides are located in various places depending upon the year and model. Ours, for example, is found outside -underneath the RV and hidden by the black coroplast underbelly covering.

It is located about a foot or two in front of the steps and about a couple of feet in. Essentially, it is in line with the outer leading edge of the slide. There is a small cutout, about 8 in sq ) or flap in the coroplast which is held in place by ZIP ties.

Once this flap is lowered, you can peek inside and see the manual override. You have to be on your back or belly to turn the shaft with a ratchet. The instructions tell you to disconnect the connect to the battery before cranking the slide by hand.

I've never had to use it but I'm sure it will be on some day when it is raining hard and the ground underneath the RV is soaking wet and muddy.

Are you able to get in touch with the previous owner and ask about the location?