Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
satchison

Red face ISO "New" shower door

Good morning -
We are in need to replace the shower door in our 2000 Keystone Montana 305FKS. I've called our local RV dealer and they were told that the door is no longer manufactured. The glass is fine in our current door. The rubber water blocking part at the bottom of the door is almost all broken off, the door is being hinged with a regular screw and my husband just broke the magnetic piece that holds the door closed when showering. (Really??) I tried to buy a hing assembly "kit" from Home Depot but it didn't work. I also cannot see how to get rubber part off and get a new one on. I haven't even looked at the magnet part.

I've searched online for RV salvage places and on ebay but so far no luck. Can anyone recommend a place for me? Or maybe recommend how to fix these issues so that I can keep our existing door?

Thank you,
Sandy
satchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If you cannot find a replacement or repair the door yourself, try taking it to a local window/glass shop and see if they are able to. What about an auto glass shop?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
x96mnn

Did you check the size of th door wnd compare It to that of the Home Depot brands? When I look at my shower down stairs in my home it appears to be the same size as my camper.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2000, 305fks, montana, shower door