Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
VT Dukhntr

New to site, couple questions

How many people installed tank flush systems? What kind and how did you access the tanks with a closed underside? I have a cougar 29bhs with a closed bottom.

Also, I am getting a gouge in the underside of the slide. The black fabric coating is torn, and the osb has a groove forming. I read it might be someone caught up in the lip. Can I jack the room just a bit to see in there? Someone mentioned a tape for it through a dealer....one local dealer said they use gorilla tape, not sure i want to go that route??

Thanks
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2965  
VT Dukhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
VT Dukhntr

The groove is about just over half the length of the slide and it doesn't appear to start at the inside edge of the room (lifted carpet, couldn't see anything there)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	2966  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Many of the newer RV's have a black tank flush system already built in to the unit. You simply attach a regular garden hose to an outside fitting, turn on the water and the tank is sprayed and cleaned.

Is your RV an older model that does not have this feature?

From the photos, it looks as if something is caught up inside (screw, bolt, ??) and has torn the black fabric as well as gouged the OSB flooring as the slide is moving in and out. Does the slide sound or feel like it is not moving smoothly and is caught up on something when it is moving?

You might try putting a piece of Gorilla tape over the torn plastic and see if that too gets torn as the slide goes out/in.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
VT Dukhntr

I can't find a black water flush anywhere. It is a 2008. Stuff I have seen is that many don't have one, but good addition
Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

We have an '08 Cougar 5th wheel and have a black tank flush. The exterior hose connection for it is located on the driver's side of the RV near the outside shower. However, a friend of ours has an "09 Cougar (same model) and his is located on the passenger side of the RV.

The connection looks exactly like the city water connection.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #6
fla-gypsy

I have never had a black tank flush system and never had a problem with a black tank in the RV's I have owned.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
CincyGus

Don't have a black tank flush system. As long as you make sure you have plenty of water in the tank before using it, you use plenty of water each time you flush solids, you won't have any problems.

I run about 1/4 tank of water into the black tank either prior to leaving the house or immediately upon setup at the campground. build up problems stem from not enough solids to suspend solids and break them down. Water IS the CURE.

As for the floor, You don't say if this is a new unit or not but if it is or is under warranty, take it back and have them fix it. I would not stand for gorilla tape and I would not allow them to repair the bottom until whatever was causing the rub/scratching/tearing of the bottom of the slide and the wood is removed or corrected. This could get serious in a hurry if it repeatedly rubs that groove deeper and deeper and the floor weakens to the point it breaks/snaps.

Have you had this camper a while and this is a new development? Could it have been this way since or when you bought it if it was used? Might have slide out alignment checked and re-aligned. Have you or anyone else done work in the area that maybe a screw or something was put up into the path of the slideouts bottom?

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote