Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
DennisT

Sprdale 266 window screen removal: help?

Our 2009 Springdale 266RL has the nice, very large back window we like and a small pair of long, skinny windows underneath that are separated by an aluminum vertical. The small windows open. Over the small windows is a long, single,framed screen held in with little shiny clips. Ever since we got the TT, one end never quite stays in place. I think one clip lost tension and there are not really enough of them. This morning I pressed gently around the screen frame and unlatched all the little clips. However, I cannot get the screen complete out to try to re-tension, replace or repair the one lower end clip that seems to allow the screen to come loose. The problem lies with the window opening knob at each end. The screen frame ends have notches for the knob shaft and the screen cannot be removed. I could pull the center of the screen and bend it's frame enough to pop it out past the knobs, but the engineering for this can't be that bad........can it?

Help?

It's a nice TT; I don't want to duct tape the screen frame in....

Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Andymon

Dennis,

Too bad I didn't see this post earlier. I went out to our 266 today and would have looked. Going out next weekend and will look to at least make me aware.

Andy

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The window operation knobs have a Phillips screw in the center. Remove the screw and the knobs will pull off the mechanism. Then you can remove the screen without bending it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
DennisT

screen

JR:
Perfect !!! What a great group here; thank you.
Our TT has a fabric/hardboard, "framing," around the window that does not allow a straight-on view of the window operating knob. No wonder I didn't see the screw. On the other hand, the same frame prevents a straight-on removal of the screw, but, being careful, I got it out with no trouble. Only one knob needs to be removed. Now having the screen off, I'm disappointed to see there are only a few, "cut-outs," in the screen frame for the clips, and each cut-out has a clip. I was hoping to add about 4 more to create additional positive fastening. Oh well. Plus, the troublesome clip I have does not seem to be distorted. It will take some tinkering.

Thanks again, you solved the problem,
Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote