Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2021, 10:04 AM   #1
DannyM

Water Heater access on 2021 Outback 330 RL

Unwinterizing for the first time. Water connected but not filling hot water tank so assuming there is a bypass valve somewhere For the life of me I can't figure out where to access the back of the water tank. Thanks for any help.
DannyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The water heater is located on the roadside front corner of your trailer. There should be a "false panel" in the bottom of the closet that lifts to give you access to the water heater. You're right, there is a valve on the bottom water heater connection that must be turned "on" for the water to flow into the water heater.

You can see the "well disguised valve" in this photo. As often as not, the valve is turned so the handle is next to the water heater rather than being "out in the open" where it's easy to get to.....

The false panel may have 4 or 6 screws holding it in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WATER HEATER BYPASS.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	32796  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:45 AM   #3
DannyM

Oh man, thank you so much John. Found it. I had taken out 2 screws but found a 3rd and bingo.
DannyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:42 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Good Deal !!! Glad it worked out for you... Now, start loading for that next trip !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 08:42 AM   #5
Everett Flatch's Stitches

Danny, I'm not sure how active you are on this forum, but if you get a chance, could you help out another 330 RL owner with their outdoor kitchen?

We did a quick mod on our outdoor kitchen. We removed the drawers and stove slide and dropped the counter to a height that's better for my wife. In the process we removed the fridge. As we were putting it back in we're having trouble with placing the brackets that hold the fridge to the counter. Could you either take a picture or describe how your fridge brackets are attached to the bottom of the fridge?

Thanks!!
Everett Flatch's Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, outback, water, water heater