Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2022, 09:22 PM   #21
Pharphr

Thank you very much!
Changed to a queen size bed
Lots of other little mods
Tow vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 v8
Pharphr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 12:44 PM   #22
MarkEHansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm1949 View Post
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Easy to install. I did have to use a hole saw to make room for the additional plug.
Be aware that the wiring to the original USB socket is probably rated to carry about 500mA only, while your CPAP is likely drawing more than that.

I ran new DC supply wires from a location close to the battery (in my trailer's case, it was from the back-side of the battery disconnect switch - which was accessible just next to the bed) using large-enough wire that it can handle the higher current load.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:56 AM   #23
MarvnMabel

Good luck!

I loved our Cougar. ( 2020 25RDS ) It was our first Keystone purchase. The water capacity, OTG solar, everything about it was perfect and I believe they probably do build a good product. Ours however, was not, it got so stinking filthy after every trip to the lake it took over an hour to clean the dust out. Both sides of the trip. Suffered through it all summer. After many trips to the dealer and countless months, Keystone bought it back from us. It was built during Covid and I seriously think some steps were missed. I hope yours is a good one. We are back in FR product and loving it.
MarvnMabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:50 AM   #24
tjhoosier

2021 24 rds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
Hello from sunny (not) Michigan,

We ordered a 25RDS and I'm wondering if anyone out there who has one can give me any information on what to look for (good or bad) when it comes in at the dealer. I have mostly Forest River products with good and bad experiences on purchasing. It seems as time went of the quality of FR travel trailers was getting worse. I've been pulling campers for 50 years and the last two were poorly constructed. Each trip it was looking around at what came loose, fell off or fell apart. Previous trailers and 5th wheels I never had a problem. I'm hoping that this Keystone Cougar is somewhat better. One person on here told me to watch out for the sliding door between the bathroom and the bedroom as his wasn't anchored correctly. Anyone else have that or some other problems I might need to watch out for?

Thanks in advance for any information that might help.
We bought a 2021 24RDS last year which I believe is the predecessor to the 25RDS. My suggestion is this. Take your time and make sure all the major systems work. Air Conditioning, heat, water systems, windows, doors, cabinet latches, drawers etc. Check every light, turn on all the fans, slide the shower doors, flush the toilet. This is just a beginning. Make sure your auto level works and you know how it works. There's a learning curve there. Outside door latches too. Find out where your dump handles are for the tanks and pull them all. I would de-winterize it too and check for leaks all over. The dealer is supposed to do this, but in winter I bet they won't. I'm sure this list is not all inclusive, but if you've been pulling trailers for 50 years, you will have a better idea of what to look for than you think. The only problem I've had so far is the refrigerator latch was mounted wrong and the fridge wouldn't latch. Found that out the hard way when the butter was on the floor after traveling! BTW, check that too!! We've only been out twice in ours since we purchased, but if you spend that kind of money you're entitled to a perfectly working RV. Good luck!

Tom Jackson
2021 Cougar 24RDS
2015 Chevrolet Duramax Diesel LTZ
tjhoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:09 AM   #25
rlh1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
Hello from sunny (not) Michigan,

We ordered a 25RDS and I'm wondering if anyone out there who has one can give me any information on what to look for (good or bad) when it comes in at the dealer. I have mostly Forest River products with good and bad experiences on purchasing. It seems as time went of the quality of FR travel trailers was getting worse. I've been pulling campers for 50 years and the last two were poorly constructed. Each trip it was looking around at what came loose, fell off or fell apart. Previous trailers and 5th wheels I never had a problem. I'm hoping that this Keystone Cougar is somewhat better. One person on here told me to watch out for the sliding door between the bathroom and the bedroom as his wasn't anchored correctly. Anyone else have that or some other problems I might need to watch out for?

Thanks in advance for any information that might help.
A preowned RV especially should be inspected by a qualified RV tech or inspector.
Even though dealers use the “As Is” on the sales sticker, there may be issues the inspector points out that a dealer ‘may’ fix.
Even if an inspector was $300+ it would be worth it to know of upcoming maintenance areas to watch, little hidden details only qualified people could spot.
They identify things that are potentially at a fail on the road things.
I would appreciate knowing possible brake, bearing, water heater, AC or fridge issues in advance.

A dealer took that pre-owned as a trade or bought it at auction to re-sell. Either way they just don’t know what issues exist with the quick inspection they do.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel SD
Anderson Ultimate 5th Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH BattleBorn Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inv. SoftStartRV on 2 AC’s - Predator 3500 generator Airlift 5000 bags
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 06:29 AM   #26
BubbaShoots

We love our 2021 25RDS - 13 months old, 8,000 miles towed. It’s a great build with only minor issues. Front windshield leaked- repaired with silicone at bottom of weather strip seam. Shower door track leak- repaired with silicone where track joins wall. Furnace wire loose at fuse panel- repaired by tightening.
I’ve read horror stories on social media about rv’s but I’ve yet to read of a serious problem with this model. I am extremely pleased with my purchase. If through some catastrophic event my trailer was totaled, I would buy another Cougar 25RDS. Happy travels!
WeighSafe True Tow WDH
SoftStart on both AC’s, 2 Honda 2200 generators connected in parallel
Retired, 1 wife, 2 dogs
BubbaShoots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, keystone