Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2022, 07:08 AM   #21
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I think quite often about how easy a pop up was in every sense plus the ability to take it almost anywhere. I think I miss those days. Our pop ups never had a real bath so we would miss that; never had an upgraded mattress so we would miss that; never had a large fridge much less a res fridge so we would miss that; never had a slide, much less slideS so we would miss that; A/C wouldn't keep you cool so we would miss that; fabric over the beds leaked in a rain so we wouldn't miss that; I could go on but you get the point. Upon reflection, at our age, I think we like all the things a larger trailer offers. We DO miss being able to wheel into the outback and just drop into a space between the junipers and pinons but I'm thinking father time has told us "rustic" needs to stay in the rear view mirror.
Ding, ding, ding! This is the correct answer...well, at least for us. We had an old pop-up for 2 seasons. It was our first trailer and we were in our mid-twenties. We definitely enjoy the comfort and conveniences of home too much to go back to that "simpler" style of camping with all of the boxes of stuff that have to be loaded and unloaded at every stop and the scientific-sardine-can packing required to get it all in. I'm with you, Danny. Good times, for sure. But that was then...
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:57 AM   #22
travelin texans

We also had a pop up & had a ball with the kiddos & friends that also had one, but at our age now, NOT NO, BUT HELL NO!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:36 PM   #23
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Ding, ding, ding! This is the correct answer...well, at least for us. We had an old pop-up for 2 seasons. It was our first trailer and we were in our mid-twenties. We definitely enjoy the comfort and conveniences of home too much to go back to that "simpler" style of camping with all of the boxes of stuff that have to be loaded and unloaded at every stop and the scientific-sardine-can packing required to get it all in. I'm with you, Danny. Good times, for sure. But that was then...
Our very first “RV” was a dry rotted camper that had a porta pottie, a stove, and a old catalytic heater. Had so much fun it in. Pulled our little boat when we were first married all over Oregon, mainly Snake River to catch catfish. There’s no way to get my wife to go back now. Our “little” Diesel pusher is 34’ with 2 slides. She already wants a 4 slide super c. I love our little Monaco, have a lot of work into it it and can get it in just about anywhere
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:07 AM   #24
CaptnJohn

Had to stop deer hunting years ago but have guns and still love to shoo. Last spring sold the boat and slip - I miss being out on the ocean but some things getting old just requires change. In 2019 bought a new Montana and a new dually saying it was the last of both. I’ll be 74 when we depart our snowbird site. Just before departing for Florida we bought a 2022 Montana. We have plans and reservations for more trips this year. We will be on the road 6-8 months until we cannot, then we will sell, I may even get a new F350 dually before that happens. Not ready for a rocking chair on the porch yet

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:53 AM   #25
jimborokz

These are called the seasons of our lives.
After we built our new house 15 yrs ago with the nice inground pool I later realized the gas in the pontoon boat was two years old we had used it so little, so it was time to sell that. We went through several pop ups and a small bumper pull over the years and enjoyed them all. Now we have the fiver and spend our winters in the south away from the snow. When we go home for the summer, we think we should do some "camping" but all we have in our area are state parks that are too small for a Montana. Wife says maybe we should get a pop up for the summer, but I'm thinking Danny nailed that one.
Anyway, I'll be 75 when we get home this spring and get back in my golf league although I can't hit is as far as I used to. We'll do the snowbird thing as long as I don't mind the drive, then maybe just leave the RV in the south for a couple more years.
Times change, we change, especially as we age, but we still have the memories and so do the kids. We take each season as it comes. There is nothing new under the sun.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, tow