Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2022, 05:05 AM   #1
Schreib

Rear stabilizers

Due to the steepness in my driveway the rear stabilizers get Very close to scraping the surface. Can I just raise them since it looks like I just have to unbolt, move, and re-bolt. Will it affect any of the auto leveling functions? Thanks.
Schreib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:34 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If you have electric stabilizers, you can move them up one hole, they will have to extend more. Do your rear jacks have extendable inner legs?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 06:43 AM   #3
dutchmensport

You can raise them as high as you can without affecting the trailer's auto leveling. However, by raising them you also run the change finding yourself at a campsite with just the opposite situation. You may over extend the jacks and stroke them out. One thing you'll need to do is make sure you carry enough block or lumber to build up the distance under the jacks so they won't stroke out.

I was able to raise my rear jacks 4 inches on one side and 3 inches on the other. I took them up as high as I could. But that also meant making sure I had 3 inches of extra lumber under one jack and 4 inches of extra lumber under the other jack to keep mine from stroking out. We almost always seem to camp on unlevel campsites. And at 41 feet long, even a slight incline can cause one end of the camper to hit the ground and the other end up in the air in order to achieve level in the camper. So, we always carried LOTS of extra lumber anyway. I never let my jacks get near the "stroke out" distance. They are always blocked up so the jacks very seldom ever have to extend more than 6 inches to achieve level because of the blocks under them.

That is the only thing you'll need to watch for. But yes, you can raise them without affecting the auto level settings at all.