Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #21
Mattdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
One of the things that I noticed on mine is that when retracting the slide out back in, the top of the slide out actually starts to move just a bit before the bottom of the slide does. At first, I though that it might be an issue, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense....and here's why. When the room is all the way out, gravity is wanting to of course make the slide "tip" downward just a bit. So if the slide starts to retract and the slide is "sagging" just a little from gravity, it seems to me that it would be in a little bit of a bind, trying to come back in cocked a little. On mine, when the room starts in, the top of it probably travels...maybe a 1/2" to 5/8" before the bottom of the room starts moving.

One question I have for you....when the slide is retracting, is there a noticeable difference in speed (slowing down) before it stops after the 10 or 12 inches....or does it travel at normal speed then just stop? If it's slowing down before stopping, I would suspect some sort of binding on the lower rollers or a bit of a mis-adjustment on the cables that pull it in. And remember, which ever direction the room is travelling, the opposite cables should have some slack in them, enough to raise and lower them by hand about an 1".

If you aren't seeing any change in speed when retracting it, and you can't hear an obvious "groaning" from the motor......there is a strong possibility that what was stated above about one of the auto-reset breakers (thermal switch if you will) possibly being bad. Remember, if it is slowing down and groaning before it stops, the auto-reset breaker is probably just doing it's job, as they are made to open when a certain amount of current flows through them....and the motor straining that much is probably causing the breaker to see that amount of current and open up. Hope this help and keep us posted.
If the motor is groaning or slowing before stopping, what would the problem be instead of the auto reset breaker?
Mattdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #22
xrated

Without being able to see/hear it, anything is just a guess....but, it does sound like and out of adjustment situation. The "give and take" type setup that these use requires that there be a bit of slack in the 4 opposite cables of the ones doing the work. Have you downloaded the manual and read through it?

There is a link in this section that will lead you to the manual if you haven't already found it......

Here is a link for the Accu-Slide website..... http://norcoind.com/bal/products/oem...de/index.shtml. Scroll down the page and you will see a place to click on and download the manual I'm talking about.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdixon View Post
If the motor is groaning or slowing before stopping, what would the problem be instead of the auto reset breaker?
Looks like first post so Welcome!

Groaning and slowing can come from MANY things. What year is your trailer? What kind of slide maintenance have you done? What kind of material is on your slide bottom?

Groaning and slowing can be from adjustment, dragging, stuff stuck under the slide, seals torn off etc. Post a little info and maybe we can help. I have had, and continue to have "plenty" of cable actuated slide issues.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #24
Mr fixit

It could be a thermal switch in the motor kicking out , cooling down and coming back in. This may be caused by to much drag on the room. I have a 12ft slide on my trailer it has kicked the thermal switch before. This week the room started dragging bad and jerking, I read some forums about wear bars, what a bad design. The room's most weight is on both sidewalls and people where greasing the bottom of their room with something called zep45. Never herd of the stuff. So I tried to think of something slick and water proof, I was walking around a flee market and saw a bottle of petroleum jelly for a dollar. I went back to the campground applied the stuff liberally to the bottom of the room about 3 inches wide on both sides, and now the room goes in and out smoothly. So even if this does not fix your problem now remember this it may help down the road.
Mr fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:02 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a warning in the owner's manual regarding using petroleum products to lubricate the slide mechanisms. There are a number of very lengthy threads on this forum and many more on other forums that detail the problems with "tacky, sticky lubricants" and slide mechanism problems ranging from slow, jerky motion to damaged and worn components. Cleaning the wrong lubricant off the slide components seems to be significantly more difficult than it would initially appear.

Here's a part of what's in the Keystone Owner's Manual:
"DO NOT apply any petroleum products (grease) to the slide system. This will attract dirt and can cause damage to the functional components of the slide system."

Now back to our regular programming.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #26
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr fixit View Post
It could be a thermal switch in the motor kicking out , cooling down and coming back in. This may be caused by to much drag on the room. I have a 12ft slide on my trailer it has kicked the thermal switch before. This week the room started dragging bad and jerking, I read some forums about wear bars, what a bad design. The room's most weight is on both sidewalls and people where greasing the bottom of their room with something called zep45. Never herd of the stuff. So I tried to think of something slick and water proof, I was walking around a flee market and saw a bottle of petroleum jelly for a dollar. I went back to the campground applied the stuff liberally to the bottom of the room about 3 inches wide on both sides, and now the room goes in and out smoothly. So even if this does not fix your problem now remember this it may help down the road.
I have been using white luitheum spray grease on my sides for 2 years , it stoped the jerking and bouncing . My slide cables are different tightness when out the slides closes perfectly and no worn cables. I think the system over all is very poor for slide out rooms .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 03:19 PM   #27
Bstaabjr1

Hi Don. I’m not sure if you’re still on this site, but if so I am having the exact same issue on my 29 rli.
Can you direct me where to find the 12v auto reset breaker, and where you purchased a replacement.
Thanks, Bob
Bstaabjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:02 AM   #28
hondapro87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstaabjr1 View Post
Hi Don. I’m not sure if you’re still on this site, but if so I am having the exact same issue on my 29 rli.
Can you direct me where to find the 12v auto reset breaker, and where you purchased a replacement.
Thanks, Bob
You should be able to get the 12 volt 30 amp breaker at any auto parts store.
hondapro87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide