Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #41
notanlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Then there's those that must have the $3-4 million Prevost that, in my opinion, the interior looks like the tv version of a brothel with all the mirrors & indirect lighting, while towing their Escalade, but they own the best.
Danny, right down the road from you is the Emerald Prevost manufacturer, Stephenville, Texas. $2 mil and up. Maybe you and other Danny can take a little tour over there and scope this out for us. Course, you might not want to tell Momma where you're going!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:57 PM   #42
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Danny, right down the road from you is the Emerald Prevost manufacturer, Stephenville, Texas. $2 mil and up. Maybe you and other Danny can take a little tour over there and scope this out for us. Course, you might not want to tell Momma where you're going!
Before retirement we went to the Ft Worth rv show that they had twice a year. The last year they had 3-4 Prevost with stairs & a walk way built up at the front of the coach so you're able to peek in the windshield. In order to tour the inside they required a letter from your bank stating you had the funds or credit enough to purchase. After looking through the windshield we couldn't imagine anyone wanting to spend that kind of $$ on something so outrageously gawdy inside.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:53 AM   #43
Falcon67

LOL, maybe we bought our 220RD too soon. I have a thing for modified race trailers, reference what we almost bought:
https://www.clearcreekrvs.com/New-In...19820?ref=list

But for that money, there was no dining table and not that many windows. A 30' box trailer isn't THAT big a load for a F-150 with proper equipment. That said, F-150s are light in the tail and a extra height trailer will push them around, even with a good stiff equalizer type anti-sway hitch on the back. I've pulled a 8800 lb 24' box with ours (2004 5.4L, max trailer tow) but it also has added rear sway, upgraded Rancho rear shocks and the hitch. We pull our Continental Cargo 7'6 x 8' x 34' with an F-350 DRW which is much nicer. Also since it weighs 13,900. The 2400lb tongue weight might keep the F-150s front wheels in the air.

Can't comment on the gaudiness - we looked over a $400K Tuscany motor coach at the dealer. That was just a "come on in, see how much money I have to spare" kinda deal. The 103K 5th that was parked next to it was more like "hey, we could live in this."

Prevost - last time we made the Houston new vehicle show, wife and I had our shorts, race t-shirts and flip flops, got some beer in a plastic cup and made a beeline to the Mercedes booth and sat in the top of the line playing with all the gee-gaws. Made all the sales guy kinda nervious. LOL
Falcon67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:54 AM   #44
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Before retirement we went to the Ft Worth rv show that they had twice a year. The last year they had 3-4 Prevost with stairs & a walk way built up at the front of the coach so you're able to peek in the windshield. In order to tour the inside they required a letter from your bank stating you had the funds or credit enough to purchase. After looking through the windshield we couldn't imagine anyone wanting to spend that kind of $$ on something so outrageously gawdy inside.
I was curious about the brand so I went to their website and didn't see any pricing. Then I went to RV Trader and there were perhaps 3 units and none had prices. Guess the old maxim, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". BTW: My daughter is a senior manager in my financial institution and I bet I could coerce her to write me a letter saying I was ultra-rich so I could actually step foot in one of those Pevost. I would make sure the soles of my boots were covered in Medina County mud and dog doo just for grins!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 06:19 PM   #45
wegone

Where did they put the horses?
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:05 PM   #46
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I was curious about the brand so I went to their website and didn't see any pricing. Then I went to RV Trader and there were perhaps 3 units and none had prices. Guess the old maxim, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". BTW: My daughter is a senior manager in my financial institution and I bet I could coerce her to write me a letter saying I was ultra-rich so I could actually step foot in one of those Pevost. I would make sure the soles of my boots were covered in Medina County mud and dog doo just for grins!
Don't you have a D-U-N-S number for your buisness?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:38 AM   #47
skmct

WHO ARE THEY TRYING TO PUT ONE OVER ON.
Unless those are some special solar panels that haven't been invented yet there's no way they could power the rigg and recharge an EV. Even if they stayed a month in the middle of a desert in full sunshine.
skmct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:43 AM   #48
LHaven

You know it's gotta be a cool rig, cuz the senior chick gots tats.