Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2021, 04:09 AM   #1
DGT2021

Fan motor will not shut off

The AC works fine with the compressor going on and off as should but the fan motor is constantly running. I have to flip the breaker to shut it off.
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for this consideration.
DGT2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:54 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGT2021 View Post
The AC works fine with the compressor going on and off as should but the fan motor is constantly running. I have to flip the breaker to shut it off.
Without more information it would be a "pin the tail on the donkey" to hazard a guess. How about some clues like model and year of camper, in command or wall t`stat, single a/c or multiple? All makes a difference. Go to user cp at top of page, click on edit, then enter the make, model, year of tow vehichle and trailer and then save. Then you have at least the basic info when you ask a question.

If it's a simple thermostat like mine it may simply be the fan switch is set to low or high and you want it in automatic. BTW, ALL airconditioners work more efficiantly with the fan running all the time on high speed. Cold air is dense so it takes more pressure to move and running the fan constantly distributes the air about the space more efficiently.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:11 AM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGT2021 View Post
If you have iN·Command make sure the fan is set to auto..if you have the fan switch set to “off” then the fan will actually run all the time and compressor will cycle by thermostat…had that happen to me. The choices are fan “off,on, low and high” I believe..also will of course run all the time if set to “on low or high”
Old 06-23-2021, 10:21 AM   #4
DGT2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
If you have iN·Command make sure the fan is set to auto..if you have the fan switch set to “off” then the fan will actually run all the time and compressor will cycle by thermostat…had that happen to me. The choices are fan “off,on, low and high” I believe..also will of course run all the time if set to “on low or high”
I set the fan to auto, and still the fan never shuts off. The breaker is how I am shutting it down until I find the solution. Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:24 AM   #5
DGT2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Without more information it would be a "pin the tail on the donkey" to hazard a guess. How about some clues like model and year of camper, in command or wall t`stat, single a/c or multiple? All makes a difference. Go to user cp at top of page, click on edit, then enter the make, model, year of tow vehichle and trailer and then save. Then you have at least the basic info when you ask a question.

If it's a simple thermostat like mine it may simply be the fan switch is set to low or high and you want it in automatic. BTW, ALL airconditioners work more efficiantly with the fan running all the time on high speed. Cold air is dense so it takes more pressure to move and running the fan constantly distributes the air about the space more efficiently.
yes it is the incommand system. I have the fan set to auto. It never shuts off but the ac will cycle compressor on and off and will cool the rv. I am shutting down using the breaker until I find the solution. Thank you for the advise.