Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
Interim

Exterior warping

Hi forum folks. I am a rookie rv-er. Knew less than nothing when i bought my 2009 Sprinter. Bottom line: They saw me coming. Will save you from my long stupid saga with this.

I am now trying to find someone who will restore the exterior. The trailer was obviously let in the hot sun for years. The exterior is warped and cracked. I have been told by various guys: a)it's from an old leak b)a tree fell on it, c) it was in a rollover accident or d) none of the above. I think it's from being left in the sun but the cause doesn't matter. The fix matters.

I've been told again by various people it would cost a)$400 (this by the liar that sold it to me, b) $5000, c)12,000 (!!!). Trouble is, i can't find anyone who will come out, give me a real estimate and finally do the work if i can afford it.

I'm in Mapleton, Oregon right now. Thanks very much.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

The list is endless of what might be the problem....or the solution with the description. Can you provide pictures? It would sure go a long way in getting helpful answers.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #3
Interim

i tried to upload a picture but it didn't work. i'll try again, though my description says it all.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...1&d=1621205460
Old 05-16-2021, 03:28 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interim View Post
i tried to upload a picture but it didn't work. i'll try again, though my description says it all.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...1&d=1621205460
I'm sorry but your description does not "say it all", pictures will say "som,e of it". From the one picture it looks like the wall would have to be replaced, not a cost effective solution for a trailer of that age IMO.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #5
Interim

well my gosh. Color me belittled and unable to make my own decisions.

what else does the picture say to you? Warped, cracked and ?
What is not cost effective to you may be to me. You may be entirely right, but that doesn't mean your attitude doesn't need an adjustment.

Show a little respect. Or not. Thread over.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

OP your description does NOT say it all, in fact it doesn't tell anyone much since LOTS of things can happen to a trailer that will do LOTS of different things. Your description takes in about a hundred of them. From the looks of the one pic you sent it wouldn't be cost effective to fix it if the entire trailer looks like that. You made a mistake. And "cost effective" to me means willing to spend 2-3 times what the trailer is worth so it will be worth what it was when you paid for it. But....

the OP has expressed an unwillingness to post any further descriptions and requested the thread be closed. It's closed.
Closed Thread