Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2021, 07:54 AM   #21
cavie

There is no 2" pipe involved. You have 1 1/2" and 3".
Old 05-06-2021, 09:18 AM   #22
John3Dtraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I've never seen a single valve used to empty both black tanks. EVERY tank will have its own dump valve and associated valve handle. There 's a handle located somewhere under the trailer..

USE EXTREME CAUTION if the clothes washer empties into black tank #2 and you can't find the dump valve for that tank. The pump on the clothes washer has no "tank level sensor" and it will continue to "pump water into the black tank until the cycle ends" with no regard to where it flows..... Just as leaving the tub faucet on and going shopping is a "sure way to flood the bathroom" running a load of clothes with the black tank valve closed is a great way to "spread poo water over the vinyl and nearby carpet".......

If you have a washer/dryer and plan to use it, confirm that the drain connection is really plumbed to the black tank. If it is, don't wash clothes with the valve closed!!!!!! And, that means, if you can't find the valve, I wouldn't use the toilet or bathroom sink in that half bath either. With no means to empty the black tank, what do you do when someone washes their hands ??? All that "black water" is being stored somewhere and eventually you're going to have to dump it....

But, pumping water from the washer into the black tank "under pressure" is going to do more than just trying to flush the toilet and it won't go down"... That "pressure" can do some "really explosive damage"......

Good advice! We do have W/D hook up but have not purchased them yet. Will DEFINATELY remember to open the black tank valve when washing. That could lead to a really shi**y situation otherwise.
Thanks for the input
John3Dtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:33 PM   #23
Harried Harry

To all, you did a great job of helping him work through this. This is almost as much of a challenge as my son is going through on his stick built home (1915); he is trying to find where the plumbing and all the electricity is going. The house has been rewired several times but somebody didn't do it correctly. The house still has some of the "knob" insulators installed.

Seeing all the issues you are going through with this RV, makes me wonder if I want to upgrade to a newer one. I have a 2003 Cougar 276 5er; I used it for a while but then "other things" came up. My kids are finally out on their own but we no longer use it, instead I use my Lance truck camper which is much easier if going fishing or just camping in a remote location.
Harried Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:14 PM   #24
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harried Harry View Post
To all, you did a great job of helping him work through this. This is almost as much of a challenge as my son is going through on his stick built home (1915); he is trying to find where the plumbing and all the electricity is going. The house has been rewired several times but somebody didn't do it correctly. The house still has some of the "knob" insulators installed.

Seeing all the issues you are going through with this RV, makes me wonder if I want to upgrade to a newer one. I have a 2003 Cougar 276 5er; I used it for a while but then "other things" came up. My kids are finally out on their own but we no longer use it, instead I use my Lance truck camper which is much easier if going fishing or just camping in a remote location.
I have a 2002 Cougar 278 5ver and we use it all the time; had a Lance truck camper but one visit to the wet bath shower by the missus had a FOR SALE sign on the truck camper. I also hated to have to sit on that little dinette seat for more than 5 minutes as it gave me butt burn. It was more convenient in some ways as opposed to dragging the 5ver but the shower thing was a non-starter.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:23 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John3Dtraveler View Post
Good advice! We do have W/D hook up but have not purchased them yet. Will DEFINATELY remember to open the black tank valve when washing. That could lead to a really shi**y situation otherwise.
Thanks for the input

Make sure you know where the washer/dryer drain to when you have them installed. The installers can tell you. that way you will know for sure which valve to open. Ours does not go into the black tank.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #26
John3Dtraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Make sure you know where the washer/dryer drain to when you have them installed. The installers can tell you. that way you will know for sure which valve to open. Ours does not go into the black tank.
Mine does go to black tank #2
Will definitely keep the valve open when using them
John3Dtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:28 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

If you have to open the black tank gate to run the washer I would be very cognizant of the use of the toilet. Open the gate when you start the washer, close it when you're done then run water in the black tank to suspend any solids that are put in there right after it has been drained for the washer.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 05:05 PM   #28
robwwalters

I have a 367. There are 4 valves. The second black water valve is located in the back by the rear tire. You have to feel up underneath to get to it.. it controls the half bath and my washer.
robwwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water