Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
X-Treme

Water in underbelly

So... I spent the last 2 days putting about 800km (500mi) on the 3500RE in the pouring rain for almost the entire duration, and when I got to my destination, I noticed that the coroplast underbelly seemed to be sagging quite a bit. I punched a small hole in the coroplast, and out came water. I don't think I have any tank leaks, and have never had this problem before, so I'm assuming that this is all water from driving in the pouring rain. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you, or how would you rectify this "issue"?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Clanton24v

Wow that doesn't sound like fun. I hope you're able to figure out what caused it
Clanton24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
golfpro

a cousin of mine had this problem and he took it back to the dealer and they had a time finding the water source. but they did get it fixed finally, had to do with the slides
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
f6bits

It’s usually a rain issue. I know someone else had the same concern and there was a lengthy thread on it. Give the search a try. As I recall, the thread had a similar title to this one.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Treme View Post
So... I spent the last 2 days putting about 800km (500mi) on the 3500RE in the pouring rain for almost the entire duration, and when I got to my destination, I noticed that the coroplast underbelly seemed to be sagging quite a bit. I punched a small hole in the coroplast, and out came water. I don't think I have any tank leaks, and have never had this problem before, so I'm assuming that this is all water from driving in the pouring rain. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you, or how would you rectify this "issue"?
After driving 12 hours in downpours I had the same problem. As you did, I poked small holes (Phillips screwdriver) in the low points to drain the water. I have not had any problem since and have not seen any water dripping from holes after driving through rain. It has been a few years so I think it must have been the unique conditions of that storm. The only good thing about it was the total lack of bugs on the front of the Cougar.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
RdRmr

Had the same issue while driving in the rain for six hours with my 291RLS High Country. If you will notice, the coroplast isn't sealed around the outside edges or in the wheel wells, just screwed to the frame. Water thrown from the tires manages to migrate in. Underbelly may be insulated for cold but isn't water tight. Thinking of getting some black caulking and run a bead on the edges in the wells.
Happy Campin......

2016 KZ Durango 315RKD
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW, CCLB, 6.7L Cummins, Aisin.
Curt puck legs w/Curt Q16 head
VET/USMC
RdRmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
geo

X-Treme -

RdRmr is correct. During my modifications in the underbelly, I noticed that the coroplast is not sealed well at all to the frame. Actually, is is not even cut well around the spring mounting points. I sealed all this area with silicon roof patch from HD. In fact, I will probably check and "touch up" the coroplast sealing once or twice a year just like I check the roof. I can certainly see how water on the road, thrown by the tires, could easily enter the underbelly area with the gaps in the coroplast left by manufacturing.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote