Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
meaz93*

Outback Couch/Foldout Bed?

So I thought my 2018 Outback was pretty close to perfect-lol
That is until my daughter who graduated college this year went on a camping trip to the Grand Canyon.
We bought the trailer in 2018 while she was studing in Laguna Beach.
Problem, well not really...but the fold out simulated leather couch is disappointing. From the looks of it you think hey, that's a sweet looking and comfy couch.
Its pulls out and folds very easily....problem is and I know it's not a residential situation-lol, but my poor daughter suffered through a uncomfortable sleeping experience.
I guess we will bring and store a air mattress and or foam mattress topper?
She's a young adult....I sometimes forget. Not much of a problem when she was in her early years!
Any suggestions....[emoji848]
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Any person you bring camping with you and sleeps on a pull out is unlikely to bother you again with requests to accompany. The mattress topper or air mattress will be a pain in the tail to take up every day but at least make the metal slats and springs a little less obvious to the sleeper, even a youngster. Pull out beds are best left to be a punishment of some sort.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
meaz93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Any person you bring camping with you and sleeps on a pull out is unlikely to bother you again with requests to accompany. The mattress topper or air mattress will be a pain in the tail to take up every day but at least make the metal slats and springs a little less obvious to the sleeper, even a youngster. Pull out beds are best left to be a punishment of some sort.
Ohh... now that's funny!>not for those who are banished to said bed.[emoji106][emoji21]
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
Ohh... now that's funny!>not for those who are banished to said bed.[emoji106][emoji21]

Those beds were used during the Spanish Inquisition when the Iron Maiden was already in use. Note that Keystone often does not splurge on premium mattresses for the main bed and hope no one notices the mattresses used on bunks or pull out couches until they have already signed and driven off the lot. Good luck; I know higher end pull out sofas will sometimes have air inflatable mattresses than can be inflated with the touch of a button. You could likely buy an inflatable mattress and do much the same.

2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:55 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Reminds me of seeing the Wriggly family mansion on an island they owned in Maine. The tour boat captain said the "guest bedrooms" were on the top floor of a lighthouse looking tower connected to the house. He said it was 5 or 6 floors up with no elevator. They didn't want any guest to "outstay their welcome".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, outback