Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler View Post
Thanks to all who have replied. This should not have even been a post here but it is ..The design is a complete flaw. Someone didn't do their job.Keystone has to know and will know about this issue. Does Keystone ever read this forum? I did purchase this 5th wheel with a few nice discounts. All of you had some good ideas but Sourdough came up with the same thing I was thinking. both are modules and can be taken out and shortened. Does any body think this would void a warranty? I have a carpenter friend that would give him a good winter project. Thanks again
See the disclaimer at the bottom of the page. To my knowledge no one at Keystone is a member or ever reads this forum.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:02 AM   #22
Laredo Tugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler View Post
Thanks to all who have replied. This should not have even been a post here but it is ..The design is a complete flaw. Someone didn't do their job.Keystone has to know and will know about this issue. Does Keystone ever read this forum? I did purchase this 5th wheel with a few nice discounts. All of you had some good ideas but Sourdough came up with the same thing I was thinking. both are modules and can be taken out and shortened. Does any body think this would void a warranty? I have a carpenter friend that would give him a good winter project. Thanks again
It wont void the warranty if the dealer does it. It's their mistake make them fix it. You just plopped down good hard earned money for your trailer,it should not include "projects" to make it right. The more "free labor" they have to provide for these factory mistakes SHOULD get the attention of design and production. Have them either cut the cabinet or install the roll up doors.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #23
Travler

That you did sorry.. I believe that would be the best thing to do.
Ext cab short bed
6 liter gas..3:73
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:34 PM   #24
goducks

Too many other 5th wheels on the market. Why put yourself through a bunch of unnecessary work.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Too many other 5th wheels on the market. Why put yourself through a bunch of unnecessary work.
The OP stated in an earlier post in this thread that he's already purchased this model RV (with some substantial discounts).... So, at this point, it's either live with it or modify it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #26
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
It wont void the warranty if the dealer does it. It's their mistake make them fix it. You just plopped down good hard earned money for your trailer,it should not include "projects" to make it right. The more "free labor" they have to provide for these factory mistakes SHOULD get the attention of design and production. Have them either cut the cabinet or install the roll up doors.
RMc
I seriously doubt you'd get your dealer, or any other for that matter, to do any type of cabinet work & personally wouldn't want them to, can't even imagine would kind of cobbled up mess you might wind up with. And if so how many months would it take to do a half a## job. The manufacturer couldn't get right, what makes you think a dealer could do better.
I'd you are able/willing you should do it yourself the way you want it done, you will do a much better job & don't give a second thought about the warranty.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:48 AM   #27
Snoking

I would contact Keystone. They may have fixed the issue and will ship you new cabinets to install. Chris
Old 11-08-2019, 11:57 AM   #28
Dadwoolery

2018 Cougar

We have the same model, just a 2018. The doors are only a problem if you (or wife) forget to close them before bringing in the slides. We have taken 2 long trips (about 9K miles) and have been very happy with the camper. We love the open floor plan. The only change we made was to get a large carpet remnant for the floor as we have a Mastiff and a Great Dane that do not like slick floors. Overall, been very happy.
2000 Ford F350 DRW, 7.3 Powerstroke
Dadwoolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #29
Cougarlife

Different side table design!

My Cougar 30RLI has a similar floor plan but slightly different side table design...no doors! It eliminates the chance of door/slide interference, but limits the type of items that can be stored in them while towing. Nothing that can vibrate or hop out while traveling, and become an obstacle in the path of a slide being extended. My Mrs. stores things like boxes of Kleenex, rolls of paper towels, etc., then uses bungees to band the openings. We've traveled 1000s of miles over some occasionally rough roads, and have never had anything come out of the openings. I'm assuming that swapping the doors (latch and hinges) left and right would not negate the issue as this would do nothing for the proximity of the slides to the end tables...definitely an unfortunate design error and poor quality control on the assembly line!
Cougarlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #30
bowchik

We have a Laredo 29RKS with the same problem only it's the pantry doors, even if we turned the hinges around the doors still will not open all the way which is a pain but I liked everything else about the trailer so I just live with it. I still am on the lookout for a better solution but it seems to be a major design flaw in their units.
bowchik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone