Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
wheelygoode

Owners Groups?

Hi!
We've been appreciating this forum, and wonder if we could take it a step further.
Is there any interest in forming a Keystone Owners group? I see there is one for Montanas and Everests already, but what about the others? Or maybe there is something I haven't found yet?
In the past we have owned Holiday Rambler and Newmar units, and enjoyed rallies and local groups that had occasional local chapter camp-outs or would get together at a larger event (like the Newmar rally at the Florida RV show for example), or travel together to a destination.
We live in Nova Scotia - are there other Keystone owners who would be interested in a north-eastern get together?
Another member is trying for a mid-eastern rally, but hasn't had much response.
Maybe somewhere south in the winter?
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Or maybe we're all just having too much fun on our own!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I am pleased to hear that you are appreciating the forum and have expressed interest in expanding it. The forum as it is presently structured is, as the introduction indicates, a "support forum for Keystone owners". So in that sense, it is already dedicated to and intended for owners of Keystone RV's.
Personally, I think the forum in its present form, meets the needs of the majority of Keystone owners regardless of the model of RV they have whether it be a Trailer, Toy Hauler or 5th Wheel. There are, I believe, sufficient categories that cover most areas that are of concern to those who own an RV - Passport, Raptor, Laredo, etc. I am not convinced that there would be any advantages to be gained by splitting off into separate forums: one for Passport owners, another for Cougar owners, one for Raptor, etc.
I enjoy reading posts not specifically related to Cougar - our model of RV. Many of the posts and questions submitted by non-Cougar owners are extremely informative and worthwhile. If these non-Cougar owners were to leave and form their own group, I would be missing out on a lot of valuable and useful information.
I believe this forum is a better place because of the wide variety of opinions, questions, and expertise that owners of all makes and models have contributed. We should, in my opinion, stay together.

Rallies, while they do bring people who share common interests together, are very difficult to arrange and to organize. As you probably are aware, we have members from all over Canada and the United States- from east to west and north to south. Not only are they widely dispersed but we have members who "old and retired" and "young and working". Some members like the concept of rallies others do not. People's vacation times vary. I am not trying to to discourage those who would like to organize a rally of some sort from doing so but merely trying to point out that it is a tough sell and shouldn't be put off by the apparent lack of interest. It just isn't "convenient" for many members to participate.
In many cases, the interest is there but in reality it just isn't going to happen.
I haven't really offered any "suggestions" that you were looking for ---- just throwing in my 2 cents. Or is it 5 cents now?
I applaud your interest and enthusiasm.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
wheelygoode

Hi and thanks for the reply - I wasn't trying to change anything in the forums, they are fine as they are, just wondered about folks with similar units wanting to meet up at a rally-type gathering at some time/place. I agree with you, lots of different folks with different Rv'ing styles and probably impractical. Thanks for your input.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
hoffbrew

I think just meeting up with other members of this forum would be nice. I see antiqfreq traveled my way last month, wish I would have checked the forum more often then, I would have gone to Three Rivers, shoot we go up that way often. Are there any active members here in California? Dont have to do a rally, just a get-together camp outing??
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Justvisiting2day

Rallies

I just joined this group, and having belonged to other trailer groups prior to the Passport we all had ONE type of trailer.. Lots of fun to see the different things each individual did to the units.
We would have rallies in the western states primallarly(sp) because the manuf was in Oregon. Utah, CO., ID, WA and OR. But also had peple from Penns, NY and FL, TX. All the same main trailer.

So I would gladly like to see a rally of Passports, ..
Comments or PM.
Chuck
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Chuck -

There is a Social Group of Passport owners that already exists on this forum. Go to the Community link at the top of the page and click on Social Groups. At present, there are 4 members who belong to this group. If you are interested in joining, please do so and perhaps you can talk about a rally amongst yourselves within the Passport Social Group.
The best avenue for you to take, I believe, would be to use this Social Group forum or by Private Message rather than the General forum.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
kenn209

I started a Cougar forum similar to the Montana and other forums, at the request of some others. I have no intention of leaving this group/forum, This is a great place to learn and seek advice. So while this forum covers a broad range of Keystone products, the intention of the Cougar forum is its brand specific. If you own a Cougar check us out, Its new and its growing fast.
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
CampDestinations.com

There is also the Keystone RV Trailers Owners Group on Facebook. If you are a facebook user you can join at http://www.facebook.com/groups/221797987849236/