Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
hdtramp

Oven won't stay lit

I have an older wedgewood oven, the pilot light lights, the flame will increase when I turn it up. Sometimes it lights, but the flame is small and runs for a couple seconds then goes out. Most of the time it doesn't light. I checked the gas nozzle and it looks good (not clogged). I'm thinking its the thermalcoupler, but the pilot light works and it does light although only occasionally. Is there any other safety features I,m overlooking? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
hdtramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

I had a thermal coupler go bad in a refer years ago. The trailer was a 1970s Reddale. That was the problem I had. It would light but go out. I removed it and RV shop tested it said it was bad. I do not know what the test was.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

The thermo couple controls the pilot only and shuts off all gas if the pilot goes out or the thermo couple fails or not adjusted properly. The safety pilot valve controls the oven on and off to reach and control temp. If the oven lights, comes up to temp but does not relight, this is the problem. This is the manual with part numbers and trouble shooting It may not be the same model but you can match model numbers to parts at Atwood's web page. Good luck, Hank .... Good excuse to BBQ.

Wedgewood is now Atwood.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #4
mgist007

What is the proper adjustment for the thermo
mgist007 is offline   Reply With Quote