Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2018, 05:29 AM   #1
fishing41967

mcd window blind fix

is there a way to fix my mcd window blinds that won't roll back up. this is the 2nd one with in the last 3 months. do i have to go thru a dealer to get parts covered under waranty?>
fishing41967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
ChuckS

You need to remove the shade and take it apart. There is a small black plastic wheel that has three raised dimples that serves as the position stop. The dimples are worn down this shade drops all the way down.

You can order a replacement part from MCD or fix it simple by using something hot... like small soldering iron and touch it at those worn off dimples. This will melt and raise edge of plastic forming new stops.

See attached pic and look at circled black wheel.. this is what has worn down. Towing with shades fullly down outs stress on this stop wheel and it will fail again ... tow with shades fully rolled up and you will never have another issue

This link video shows how to take MCD roll up shade apart and reassemble.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7E10A3E9-2281-45E6-9B3F-B37BE5761AC3.jpeg
Views:	435
Size:	599.9 KB
ID:	17580  
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
Tbos

The problem I have is they don’t release when pulled. They are permanently stuck in the up position unless I press the center on the stop adjuster side. I can then raise and lower the shade. It will stop wherever I want and stay there forever.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote