Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
Dsauce24

Water pouring from bottom of camper

2015 passport 239ML
Purchased brand new Oct 1.

Hooked up the water hose at a glamp ground, started lowering stabilizer jacks. Heard water pouring from bottom of camper (under fridge area, between the two tires). Turned water off. Ran inside, bathroom sink full and overflowing. Water all over floor. (Kitchen sinks and tub empty)
Raised stabilizer jacks and came home... Shortest camping trip ever.

*All* tanks were completely empty.
Traveled extremely bouncy interstate for about 10 miles on the way there.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
This isn't my first camper, but this has never happened to me before. AC and dehumidifier are on right now to dry it out.
Dsauce24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Re: Water pouring from bottom of camper

Welcome to the forum

Heck of a welcome, sounds like the bath faucet may have been left on and the stopper in place. If you have water in the fresh tank, turn the pump on and then see if you can operate the bath sink.

Some brands of faucets turn the cold side on backwards, and it takes some getting used to. You did use a water pressure regulator right?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
Dsauce24

If that were the case, water would not have been spilling from under the camper. But either way, the faucet was off.

Yes, water pressure regulator was used.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #4
Dsauce24

From the time I turned on the water outside to the time I heard the water hitting the ground under the camper was maybe three minutes at most. And that's stretching it. So from the hose connection, the water went straight up into the bathroom sink. The second I turned the water off, it stopped pouring from the bottom of the camper.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

If you hooked up the hose to the city water in and it started pouring out the underbelly, then the water line on the backside of the hookup is where I would start. I misread your first post, sorry.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:32 PM   #6
Grawe

Are your LOW point drains closed? It sounds like something is open or a fitting may have come off the plumbing. First verify all valves are closed, water closet is set to run city fixtures and water pump is OFF. Then go inside and have someone slowly turn on the water. You should be able to get a good start. These things, especially new, are nerve racking. Take it one step at a time and hopefully you won't have anymore 1 day trips. Let us know what you see and hear and we will help were possible. Good luck and welcome to RV'ing!

Grawe
Grawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
GaryWT

Very strange. The only way for a sink to overflow is to have water running and the stopper closed or have the waste tank full and the water back up. That said, I don't think I would have packed up and gone home. I would have spent the weekend working on and looking for what was wrong. Check your tanks as maybe the gage is not working and you have a full tank. If you had a leaking hose, the water would not be getting to the sink. Look forward to hearing what you find.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
Tbos

When you picked up the TT at the dealer did they go through a good PDI with you? I hope they did and it included using all the water hook ups. It sounds like a fitting came loose somewhere. Take it back and have them fix it.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:02 PM   #9
bobbecky

Early on, I removed the sink stoppers from both bath sinks and also the stopper from the tub drain. A couple months ago, while tinkering outside, all of a sudden water started draining into the pass through storage. I went running inside, and the wife had put a stopper into the one bath sink to soak some clothes, and forgot she had the faucet not fully shut off. No permanent damage, but these sinks don't have overflow drains like in a home, and it's real easy for those stoppers to drop from the open position.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:05 AM   #10
notanlines

If it stopped running out the second you turned it off then it will start running again out the bottom the second you turn it back on. That part should be easy then to simply have someone turn it back on easy-like and look under there. I see a two-fold problem here. I see a loose main water connection under the trailer (between the two axles), and I still suspect a stopper problem in the bathroom sink. Certainly I don't know, but I also am quite interested in knowing what you finally find.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
Grawe

Glad it was a cheap and easy fix! Now you have your "Your not gonna believe it" story, we all have them... hopefully you have time to get a good (second atempt) maiden voyage in before you winterize. Safe travels!
Grawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #12
GaryWT

What was the fix.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:09 PM   #13
dwall

I'm with GaryWT, been following this for days. I'm more than curious to find out the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #14
notanlines

I'm also with the lot of you. Grawe must have inside info. I'm a lost ball in high weeds.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #15
Murphsmom

Glad it wasn't just me. I went back to the last page to see what I missed...nothing at all about it.
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #16
Ken / Claudia

Until we know, My guess is sink was on and it over filled. As the water is traveling across the floor it found a place to travel thru the floor and ended up dripping onto the ground where he heard it.
What I would have done is have stayed and checked and found the problem at the campground. Than if a pipe was leaking took it back to the dealer. Likely only would take a couple mins with or without help.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water