Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
Marcia

Kitchen upgrade "Passport 2670BH"

My brand new Travel Trailer came without a kitchen backsplash. I wanted to cook in the camper, but I was afraid oil and food would splash on the bare walls, and stain the new camper. I researched the web, and saw someone has installed smart tiles in their camper. I odered the tiles on line, because HD does not carry them at the store. It took a whole week for the tiles to arrive. I was afraid the tiles wouldn't match the decor of the camper; but when the tiles arrived, I couldn't be happier. It matches perfectly. It is very lightweight and easy to install. Even though the camper is brand new, I used left over mineral spirits to clean the walls the day before the installation. Make sure the walls are dry before installation, and watch the video at the smart tiles web side. Please follow the instructions in the website. I didn't follow the instructions in the first wall that I installed the tiles on, and it was difficult to lineup the tiles. On the second wall, I follow the instructions in the website and installation was a breeze. It took me about 3 hours to install the tiles. I can't tell you about the durability of the product, but I have read that it is good. I ordered 3 packs of 6, and I didn't have enough tiles left over to do the small walls above the bathroom sink. I wish HD carries them at the store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	9648  
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You did good looks real good. Those tiles as a backsplash are very popular. You should be proud of yourself!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
SRFD136

Looks good. I bought these thin & light sticky back tiles at Lowes to replace the cheap looking foam backsplash that it came with. I did ad a bit of Liquid Nail to help them stay and not fall off during travel.
Attached Images

SRFD136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
theeyres

Looks good!

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:35 PM   #5
ColoradoSooner

Looks AWESOME! We did the same thing with ours and love them! They add so much personality and make it feel more homey.

You can see ours here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23322

2 dogs, husband and me

ColoradoSooner is offline   Reply With Quote