Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
Rhinoone82

Rear Stabilizer seems to move Impact 311

Tried searching but couldn't find anything on this. Today while loading up my 2015 Impact 311 I noticed that when I went into the garage area the rear stabilizers seemed to make noise. Almost as though they were just touching the ground, and there was a lot of side to side movement. Thinking that maybe the ground had settled, the camper has been sitting in one spot for 2 weeks, I went out and tried to move the pads under the base of the stabilizers. The stabilizers were solid against the pads. I shook the trailer at the rear and it seemed like the stabilizers moved in the frame of the stabilizer unit.

These are the Lippert electric stabilizers. It seems as though there is an outside frame that runs the width of the I beam. Then an inner frame that as the stabilizers that are attached to a long threaded rod which is attached to the motor.

When I climbed underneath and looked at it, the inner frame seemed to move around quite a bit. The motor, threaded rod and such. This seemed to be where most of the movement and sound was coming from.

Is this normal? Should that inner part be secure to the outer. Seems that it should but this is the first trailer that I have had that has had this type of stabilizer. My TT had scissor jacks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

The self centering jack system that you have will have some movement when the jacks aren't on the ground solidly. The inner frame moves so that when the jacks contact the ground, they are applying equal pressure. You can start to lower the jacks, and then push one side down and watch the entire inner part shift, quite normal.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
Rhinoone82

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
The self centering jack system that you have will have some movement when the jacks aren't on the ground solidly. The inner frame moves so that when the jacks contact the ground, they are applying equal pressure. You can start to lower the jacks, and then push one side down and watch the entire inner part shift, quite normal.
Thanks Chukster. Still finding things that are different on the Toy Hauler from the TT. This makes me feel better. I thought that maybe something had been broken.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
roadglide

The rear jacks on my 2015 311 impact goes down uneven . The dealer said its designed to catch up when the pad touches the ground , also on mine if it goes up and locks in to tight it sticks . I will address it when I have more issues ,the 311 is a sweet toy hauler.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
BlueknightWI

Rhinoone, I have noticed this as well on my 311. BTW, we totally are in love with this unit! We've been out 7 times now and just enjoy the heck out of it. I intend to purchase the JT Strongarms for the front and rear stabilizers. Check them out on Youtube. They aren't cheap, but a friend has them on his 5er and it is rock solid when they are deployed. Post up a picture of your rig. I see that one is blue, which I wanted. the dealer said they discontinued that color and I had to order red. I love mine, but thought the blue was intriguing. Does yours have the jack and Jill bathroom doors?
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
Rhinoone82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueknightWI View Post
Rhinoone, I have noticed this as well on my 311. BTW, we totally are in love with this unit! We've been out 7 times now and just enjoy the heck out of it. I intend to purchase the JT Strongarms for the front and rear stabilizers. Check them out on Youtube. They aren't cheap, but a friend has them on his 5er and it is rock solid when they are deployed. Post up a picture of your rig. I see that one is blue, which I wanted. the dealer said they discontinued that color and I had to order red. I love mine, but thought the blue was intriguing. Does yours have the jack and Jill bathroom doors?

BlueknightWI,

We love ours, We have camped 9 weekends so far. We do have the Blue and I really liked the look a little more than the Red. Also it does have the Jack and Jill bathroom doors, which we preferred. It is nice to get into the bedroom without having to put out the slides. I also like the TV position above the door instead of on the wall.

Ar far as the rear stabilizer issue goes, we have decided to go with the SteadyFast system. We had it on our TT and it made a difference. Should be getting it tomorrow and hope to have it installed this weekend. Just in time for our trip next week out to Wisconsin Riverside Resort.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
roadglide

haven't seen the sterilizer before but it looks like something i could fabricate with 3/4 and 1/2 inch pipe laying around the shop.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #8
Rhinoone82

Well we just got back from a great weekend camping at Wisconsin Riverside resort in Spring Green, WI. Got a fun day of tubing down the Wisconsin River yesterday.

Best part though was we solved the shakes that we had in the Impact 311. I purchased and installed the Steadyfast Stabilizer system. Got to try it out and what a difference. Just with the front secure there was a big difference. But you could still feel the back move. Once securing the rear as well, I would say that we got rid of 95% of the shake. Even with our 2 labs running around we ould lay in bed and not get sick from the movement.