Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2015, 04:01 AM   #1
SandMShall

Gas shut off in 2014 Keystone Premier

Ok....I apparently turned off something during my end of season maintenance last year and can't for the life of me figure it out. I had our tanks topped off but can't get anything to light up. I haven't tried the water heater as of yet due to not having it hooked up, but nothing else lights. I read the manual and tried cycling it several times due to the tank swap but nothing. You can hear the fridge trying to light, but nothing.

Anyone know the secret location of this magical valve that will let my gas flow free?

And yes we're new to this event stuff!😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
SandMShall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:14 AM   #2
therink

The only valve I know of is on the propane tank and the regulator. Have you tried lighting your stove? Sometimes you have to purge air out of the lines and best wway is by opening valve on stove and holding flame next to burner until it lights. Could take 10 seconds or more.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:46 AM   #3
SandMShall

Tried that as well. I'm going to get the TT out of storage this afternoon and try again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-17-2015, 05:48 AM   #4
jsmith948

You might try a forum search for threads on propane regulators. With the automatic change-over feature, there is a precise sequence that must be followed when turning on the propane bottle valves. Basically, if the propane is turned on too quickly, there is a high flow safety valve in the propane 'pig tail' that will close, limiting the flow of propane. You also might have a 'bad' pigtail in which the safety valve is defective (we replaced both of ours at a cost of about $30). If you had the pig tails disconnected over the winter, there could be spider webs blocking the flow? Let us know what you find.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:04 AM   #5
hankaye

SandMShall, Howdy;

When you Open the valves on the propane tanks do so
SLOWLY! otherwise the safety feature in the hose
will close itself thinking there is a leak due to the sudden
rush of gas.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:08 AM   #6
GaryWT

Going off of the above post and assuming you have gas in both tanks... did you just top them off or did you do it before you put the trailer away?

Anyway, turn off both tanks, disconnect both tanks, check connections to be sure everything is clean. Reconnect, be sure the switch is pointing to one tank or the other, slowly turn on both tanks. Slowly turn on one burner one the stove and see if you can light it. If not, switch over to the other tank by turning the switch at the tanks to point to the other one and try to light the burner again.

Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #7
SandMShall

It works! I did everything above and reconnected it. Got gas to the stove so I knew it was working. Opened the outside panel behind the fridge and found this little puppy. They need to make the label a little larger for the people how stare at a computer screen 14 hours a day! Thanks for everyone's help.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #8
GaryWT

Great, so glad it is working for you.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote