Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
Tbelair

Tv mounts in a 303 springdale

Hi
Does anyone else own a springdale 303 bhsr or similar bunkhouse model trailer and know exactly where and if additional tvs can be mounted? There are hook ups for cable tv (and the electrical box for the plug) in the bunkhouse and in the main bedroom; however, there are no stickers identifying where to mount the tvs...i asked the dealer we bought it from and he said it is not safe to mount additional tvs because it lacks support. I thought it was weird keystone would go through the cost and time to install the hookups so i emailed keystone. The first response i received from keystone was a detailed pdf on how to setup a television. So i emailed them back and asked if they could had someone that spike and read english and could actually answer my question...i know how to turn on a tv...the next response i received from keystone said to go ahead and mount it directly under the hooks...did not acknowledge where exactly and why the dealer said keystone didnt put mounting stickers because it wasnt safe...i am still waiting for a third response... Any ideas?
Tbelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I can't give you a location to install a TV mount, but I can give you some things to consider before you start.

The Springdale has a wooden frame. It is made of 2x2's and 1x2's with a very thin luan sheeting as the wallboard and 0.027" ribbed aluminum on the outer wall. If you do decide to mount a TV support bracket near the rear of your RV, remember that the rear is the "roughest riding" part of the coach and anything heavy that's mounted to that relatively thin wooden framework will be stressed significantly.

It may be that Keystone will identify the specific location where they placed structural supports that would carry the load, but don't be surprised if your answer comes back that they don't recommend you install a bracket on the rear wall and that the connections in the bunk room were intended for a portable TV to be placed on a shelf during use and stored elsewhere during travel.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #3
GaryWT

Look for the stud and there you go. We bought a removable type tv holder so when traveling the tv goes on the bed and when we are set up it just slides into the bracket. That way we do not have to worry about the bounce.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:11 AM   #4
Tbelair

Yeah i was planning on installing a bracket that the tv is easily removed...the location for where the tvs should mount are not on the exterior walls...the bedroom wall where the hookups are located under is the wall that divides the bedroom and the rest of the trailer...and in the bunkhouse it is part of the frame for the captains style bed with the outdoor kitchen underneath...i think this one has a stud behind it and would be easy to mount a bracket to but i think in the bedroom one i would need to add a stud to the otherside for it to mount to
Tbelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #5
vanillagorilla

I have a 2014 303bhssr springdale also. I worried about the same thing. I plan on using the slide mounts to remove the TV's when traveling. also where I can move the tv from the bedroom to the outside kitchen.
vanillagorilla is offline   Reply With Quote