Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
jy5673

Problem with Outback 277RL

We bought a 2013 Outback 277RL in February first thing out of the box our heater went out and the dealer took care of that by replacing a controll board.
We bought a Toshiba TV to replace the smaller one that came with camper, we put a DVD into to Genesis GT-2.0 system and the picture was in black and white. We get the manual and go threw the process described and still no luck. We did a re-set as described and now we cannot get any menue to come up and no picture will play on TV, we do get sound from TV only. We called the Quest Auto Video listed in manual, they said my fault for buying another TV !!!!! Dealer said they got to talk with Keystone no answer for several weeks now. I sent Keystone message they said sorry you are having problems please check with dealer. Camper next to us has a 3.0 system that works with a Toshiba TV, one question can the 2,0 system be upgraded to a 3.0 system with out changing hardware if so where do I go for that. I need advice maybe there is something more I can do. I know this is no big deal however I paid good money and would like for everthing to work when I need it. Little things like the screws below the shades pulling out and leaving bigger holes, and door locks breaking are crazy but the DVD system problem is nuts.
jy5673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
GaryWT

Had you tried the original TV before you upgraded? Sounds like a wiring issue but you would need to know if it was wired correctly before the new TV. I had a DVD player that use to get unplugged from time to time and it was always 3,4 or 5 tries with plugging in the wires before I got the piture I wanted. Good luck getting it worked out.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
jy5673

Gt-2.0

Yes it worked/workes with the supplied TV, a brand I never knew of. Both TV plug the same as far as rear wiring.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
x96mnn

To me it sounds like on the to shiva you are plugging into the component video plug and not RCA. It would be green instead of yellow. Can you provide a picture or the. TV model. I have three to toshiba TVs in my home right now.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
oldfamer

If you replaced the original tv with the tosiba i'd be taking the tv back to where you bought it from. I don't know why you would be connecting keystone.
oldfamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
jy5673

Say What

Excuse me, TV works with the camper next doors 3.0 system however thanks for the frindly and helpfull advice.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #7
berg

Thread revival.

Our new 2014 Outback Terrain with the Genesis 2.0 is playing movies through the DVD player in black and white and a bit grainy on the Sansui brand TV the unit came with. The TV is fine though cable/antenna and I'll bet if I plug in an external DVD player the picture will be fine (yet to be determined).

I'm thinking it is the component video cable on the wrong output, something I could easily take care of rather than a 2.5hr drive to the dealer. Since this baby is brand new I don't want to scrape it up trying to pull it apart to inspect.

Can anyone tell me how to pull the faceplate of the Genesis GT 2.0 so I can get the mounting hardware loose to slide it out and take a look?