Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
DaveCavanaugh

Under bed storage

Our new Avalanch 295RL doesn't have any storage under the bed. I would like to get a lift kit (available through Camping World) and add under bed storage. Does anyone know if this is practical? I don't know if there is actually any space under there that can be used for storage.
DaveCavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
KYFamily

I was surprised when we discovered we didn't have storage under the bed. Both our two previous campers had it and was quite handy. Not sure what Keystone was thinking. Ours is in storage or would take a look but not sure what it would take to add a lift. I'll be keeping an eye out what others suggest.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
Brantlaker

By the layout og the bed I would say that the actuator for the slide is under the bed leaving very little room for storage plus the bed moves back and forth.If you go to 318SAB owners group Rudythegreat has pictures of what it looks like.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
MArices

We just got a 2010 266RL. The bed is oriented sideways and moves with the slider. We were also surprised that there was no under bed storage. Today I removed the mattress and the piece of half inch flake board. The way the mechanism is designed leaves only small broken area's that could be used. You would need to fabricate some hanging boxes so they would not drag on the floor when the slider is used.

We were a little disappointed, but gave up on that.

Sent from my iPad