Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2022, 03:51 PM   #1
Alpine Custom Upgrade

2020 Alpine Modifications I made as of Dec 6, 2022

Custom Modifications to Make My 2020 3650RL Experience Perfect!
1. Changed the OEM fifth wheel pin box hitch to a Reese Gooseball Hitch with air bag
2. Changed out the useless OEM no-air blowing ceiling fan to one that DOES blow air.
3. Installed a dedicated 30 amp electrical circuit with four receptacles to provide additional power for space heaters and a twist lock power cord to the pedestal
4. Changed out the low volume and slow acting OEM Jensen tv with a different brand and added a sound bar for plenty of volume that I can actually hear
5. Installed a 12 gallon electric water heater tied into the washer connection and plug
6. Installed additional shelving in the closet next to the entry door above the water heater
7. Installed gas springs to the ventahood cover to hold it open to access the storage behind it
8. Installed a full electric central heat unit that uses zero propane even at freezing temps
9. Installed a rear mounted bumper and storage box w/ tail lights to carry firewood to the campsite
10.Sealed the space between the ceiling a/c grill and the attic space with spray foam
11.Installed a security camera recording system with two cameras that watch over our site
12.Installed a propane quick connect and hoses to run our grill and flat top off of our RV tanks
13.Installed additional underbelly side mounted slide out storage boxes on both sides
14.Built and installed an aluminum slide out drawer in the basement for the Iceco frig and grills
15.Installed an Iceco refrigerator/freezer that keeps our drinks at 34 degrees or down to zero
16.Installed a third A/C unit for these Texas heat spells
17.Installed underbelly LED lights with adjustable colors that we use instead of awning lights and bugs
18.Installed an access door in the sidewall of the kitchen slide out to access and store the 75' dual co-ax cable for our direct tv system.
19.Installed a wifi router to our 360+ for better internet service at our campsite
20.Purchased more accessible 5" aluminum steps for our dog and my bad knees to go in and out
21.Installed slide out toppers to keep debris off of the slide outs and provide shade from the sun/rain
22.Installed an extra water faucet on the curb side/door side to fill the dog pool in the summer
23.Changed out the china bomb Hi-Spec tires to Carlisle CSL16 tires
24.Made some custom tongs for the firewood handling at the fire pit
25.Replaced all the OEM waste water holding tank sensors with better sensors
26.Installed a quality Watts permanently mounted water pressure regulator
27.Fabricated a truck bed sewer holding tank for the macerator pump to drain holding tanks
28.Raised the middle and front two hydraulic jacks two holes to gain ground clearance
29.Added TPMS sensors to the four tires, a distance booster on the neck and a display in the truck
30.Added a manual reel for the steel cable that I lock onto the Direct TV dish to keep it from walking off
31.Cleaned and recoated the roof for the heck of it
32.Corrected the flimsy OEM wall portion where the tv mount is by reinforcing the backer and fasteners
33.Added a sewer blade valve at the waste water discharge connection to prevent spills.
I am sure that other improvements will be made the longer I have this Alpine. Just food for thought.
2012 Freightliner M2 112 2L Conversions
450HP Detroit DD13 1,650 torque,
Allison 4000 automatic, 4.30 gear
Alpine Custom Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:28 AM   #2
skids

OK then, it looks like you are running out of modifications. It is definately time to get a new trailer.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:06 AM   #3
Alpine Custom Upgrade

New Trailer? Naw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
OK then, it looks like you are running out of modifications. It is definately time to get a new trailer.
Ha! Heck NO. I am just now getting this one to be a dependable quality product that I enjoy using!
Old 12-07-2022, 01:15 PM   #4
dutchmensport

Sounds like you've been really busy, but also sounds like you've had a lot of fun doing all this work. Good job!
Old 12-07-2022, 02:48 PM   #5
Alpine Custom Upgrade

Having Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Sounds like you've been really busy, but also sounds like you've had a lot of fun doing all this work. Good job!
Thank you. I really DO have fun inventing new things and modifying existing things to work better. Thanks again.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:51 PM   #6
Gamma

Wow, thats a lot. Could you enlighten me to your replacement of the useless ceiling fan, I agree, it blows (nothing)! Also what size and where did you get the gas pistons for the vent hood? Did you install the winegard router or something else? If winegard, are you happy with it? I pulled my cover and only found a red/white wire loop. Thanks.
AirLift system
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 06:16 AM   #7
dutchmensport

Hey "Alpine!" Since your original post was almost exactly a year ago, what have you added to that list since then? How about an update?

Tags
alpine, mod