Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2022, 06:07 PM   #1
pricejh61

InCommand issues

This evening I started to pull the slides in on my 316 Cougar. I touched the inCommand panel to log in and it lit up then went black. Would not wake up regardless of where I tapped. Pulled out my iPhone and opened the inCommand app. It took a while for the phone to connect with the trailer. When the login s teen finally opened it operated normally. Everything turned off and closed up as advertised.

Anyone experience this before?

UPDATE: I called ASA about the issue. Found that it is a known issue on the new control panels.

Two solutions.

1. (Temporary). Press and hold the on/off button on top of the panel until the panel flashes then immediately let go. It will probably present the same problem again. But you can do the reset over and over.

2. (Perminant). Do a softewear update. Check the software versions on your system. Then either use the WIFI to do the update or call ASA for a stick with the most current versions.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:33 PM   #2
RJS3791RD

I have the in command system in my 3791RD. I have tried to read and learn as much about the system as I can. I haven’t experienced this condition personally. However, if I was in your situation, I would shut down the power, wait about 30 seconds and then turn the power back on. I would then do a “reset” on the BCM. Based on what I have learned through reading, that is typically the starting point
RJS3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:14 PM   #3
LHaven

When you get a black screen on an inCommand DCM, first try a hard reboot by holding in the power (left) button until the screen flashes briefly. That should be a hard shutdown. Then release the button, wait two seconds, push and release. Within 5 seconds or so you should see another brief flash and/or a boot screen, showing you it's on the way back up.

Sometimes static or the like can zotz it into the state you describe.
Old 11-30-2022, 04:05 AM   #4
Jake's Keystone

Hi John, we have the same trailer and love it. Yes we had the same issue so I called ASA electronics and discussed what was going on and they shipped me a new unit. I suffered through the screen going black, restarting for days, ended up just using the app before i called.
Happy trails...

2022 GMC Sierra HD AT4
2022 Cougar 3169RLS
New and Traded
Jake's Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:05 PM   #5
pricejh61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake's Keystone View Post
Hi John, we have the same trailer and love it. Yes we had the same issue so I called ASA electronics and discussed what was going on and they shipped me a new unit. I suffered through the screen going black, restarting for days, ended up just using the app before i called.
Happy trails...

I called ASA and they are sending a memory stick with the latest software versions. Will do the update when it gets here later this week.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:29 PM   #6
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejh61 View Post
I called ASA and they are sending a memory stick with the latest software versions. Will do the update when it gets here later this week.
You can download the software updates from their website and put them on your own USB stick.
No need to wait a week that way.

https://in-command.net/

At the very top of that page, click where it lists "Click here to find your system".
Old 12-04-2022, 05:37 PM   #7
pricejh61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
You can download the software updates from their website and put them on your own USB stick.

At the very top of that page, click where it lists "Click here to find your system".

ASA response was incredibly fast. My updates arrived Friday afternoon. Just three days after I contacted them. Update was easy.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:07 PM   #8
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post

For some reason, downloading to your own thumb drive is a hit or miss proposition with this last update. In the past I have either updated InCommand over my wifi network or via a download to my own clean/formatted USB device, but not this time. Each method failed. I called ASA and they advised that many folks have been experiencing an issue with this and they are sending out the update on a thumb drive to address the issue. The CS rep I spoke with could not provide the cause.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
incommand