Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
Dembones

Fullway termination valve.

What is the fullway termination valve and where is it. There is a warning on my new Montana and I have no idea where it’s at and what it does.
Dembones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembones View Post
What is the fullway termination valve and where is it. There is a warning on my new Montana and I have no idea where it’s at and what it does.
What make, model & year of Montana are you asking about?
That question is pretty vague without any reference to what rv.
I'm guessing this has to do with dumping your holding tanks?
If you'd go to the "user CP" in the header bar above & add a signature with your truck & RV information it would greatly help when asking future questions.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:38 AM   #3
notanlines

This valve is just a fancy way of saying black tank dump or drain valve. It is the part you pull when you want to empty your black water tank. It needs to be open before you start the flush pumps or you may have a black mess on your hands. This valve is located by the drain outlet underneath your RV.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:49 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

A little bit of explanation for anyone else reading about a fullway termination valve;

"Whether it is called the Fullway termination valve, the gate valve, the drain valve, or whatever other name is used for this part, you look in the same spot. It is going to be under your camper at the exact spot on the black tank where the contents leave your tank to travel to the dump station’s tank."

Another term thrown out to confuse folks. It's simply the dump valve for the black tank. OP you said you have a new Montana so I figure that will be the black handle to dump the black tank in the convenience center.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 02:37 PM   #5
wstott2

I just purchased a Crossroads Hamton and went to hook up the sewer and found neither drain valves are shutting off. Not sure why a 2023 brand new camper would not shut off. The dealer told me that it had wood chips or something in it and I needed to get a coat hanger and bend it in an L and stick it up the pipe and run it around the seals to clean them out. This is strange to me as it is brand new. anyone know of any other reason this would happen.
wstott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 02:45 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Welcome to the forum! Just to note that there is a new forum rule:
https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=52977

As far as the dump valves not shutting, I would respectfully tell the dealership to find a coat hanger and fix the problem on a new camper you just bought. You shouldn't have this issue and while there is a small probability that wood chips are keeping the valves from shutting, perhaps that isn't the most likely reason. Since I don't know your camper, can't say if you have handles on shafts or cables but either may be out of adjustment. Good luck.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 03:11 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstott2 View Post
I just purchased a Crossroads Hamton and went to hook up the sewer and found neither drain valves are shutting off. Not sure why a 2023 brand new camper would not shut off. The dealer told me that it had wood chips or something in it and I needed to get a coat hanger and bend it in an L and stick it up the pipe and run it around the seals to clean them out. This is strange to me as it is brand new. anyone know of any other reason this would happen.

First, what makes you think it's not shutting off? Realize that, depending on how it's plumbed, there may be a few feet of drain line after the valve. That allows residual drain water to work its way down the pipe and collect behind the drain cap. Is that what you are experiencing?

If you actually have dump valves on a new trailer that aren't sealing I wouldn't be accepting anyone telling me to "bend a L in a coat hanger and run it around the seals". They need to fix it. IF you ran it around and it possibly cleared something up you still may cause damage that might not manifest itself for a while. Make them fix it right.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 03:48 PM   #8
wstott2

Drain valves not shutting off

Thank you for the reply. As for how I know the valves are not shutting off is I had my son go inside and open the bathroom faucet which had water come out and did not stop until we shut the faucet off. We ran water down the toilet and again the same thing, We then ran water down the kitchen sink and again now stop water until we shut the water off and then a few minutes later it stopped. It is cable shut offs as was asked. Going to call the dealer again and tell him to come fix it or show me where it is something I am doing wrong and I will pay the service call.
wstott2 is offline   Reply With Quote