Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2022, 08:35 AM   #1
Soxfan904

SmartShunt and SmartSolar not in VRM

Hello,

I just recently purchased a Cougar 30BHS with the SolarFlex400i. When I am located in or around my camper, I am able to see both devices in the app via Bluetooth.

I created a peer network of both devices based on the instructions. I created an account on vrm.victronenergy.com and signed into it on the app, but I still cannot see the devices when I am not near my camper.

My InCommand is hooked up to Wifi, so I cans see that, but I cannot see the solar or battery info. I thought the whole point of this system is to see charing and power info while away from the unit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get my devices onto wifi/internet so I can see them?

Thank you,
Greg
Old 10-03-2022, 09:31 AM   #2
M&M2

I believe you need Victron Cerbo to do the monitoring you want.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:33 AM   #3
Soxfan904

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M2 View Post
I believe you need Victron Cerbo to do the monitoring you want.

Thank you for the recommendation. I wish the device had come with the camper, I found it on amazon but not sure how I would hook it up. Assume dealer would have too.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:36 PM   #4
TimC

I used a raspberry pi (small cheap computer) and installed the Victron software rather than purchasing the expensive cerbo. It was a bit of a pain to install but once I got it running on the raspberry it was just a matter of buying some ve.direct to usb cords and plugging each component (solar controller, inverter, smartshunt, etc) into the raspberry pi. Now I can see all my system info from wherever I want (assuming my hotspot in the camper is working… different issue tho).

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/open_source:start

I think if you buy a cerbo it’s much more of a plug and play. No messing around installing an OS on a raspberry pi. But, much more expensive too.

TimC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar