Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
Maineiacs

Illuminated rocker switches

My 32 RLI has mostly illuminated rocker switches on the interior control panel. Turn on the cabin lights and that switch is lit. The only two on the panel that don't light up are solid black plastic or bakelite. And they are the switches for the gas water heater function and the electric water heater function. Do these two circuits draw so much more current that illuminated switches aren't available? I wouldn't care but I'm paranoid about having the electric accidentally left on and somehow the tank is emptied.

Thoughts from you electrical wizards?
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

On my unit the water pump, water heater gas, and WH electric are the only illuminated rocker switches. The switches for the lights (interior, steps, porch and scare) do not illuminate. I tyink it's most like;y what the designer decided to color on their drawing.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
NH_Bulldog

None of mine light up, but when they are in the on position the exposed part of the switch is red.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
Scopell

Thoe are rocker switches and can be found at Lowes (cheapest) Auto Zone, Amazon (highest price) Does anyone know where to get wire diagram?
Scopell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:11 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopell View Post
Thoe are rocker switches and can be found at Lowes (cheapest) Auto Zone, Amazon (highest price) Does anyone know where to get wire diagram?
Since rocker switches in an RV are typically 12V connect the wires before installing the switch. Actuate the switch and if it works as it should, the wires are connected correctly and if not switch the wires. There are no wiring diagrams for Keystone products. I hadn't thought about it but converting to lighted rockers might be a nice upgrade so you can see/tell if the switch is on when the cabin is dark. Would keep from leaving the outside lights on after dark as these can't be seen easily from inside our camper.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:06 PM   #6
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Since rocker switches in an RV are typically 12V connect the wires before installing the switch. Actuate the switch and if it works as it should, the wires are connected correctly and if not switch the wires. There are no wiring diagrams for Keystone products. I hadn't thought about it but converting to lighted rockers might be a nice upgrade so you can see/tell if the switch is on when the cabin is dark. Would keep from leaving the outside lights on after dark as these can't be seen easily from inside our camper.
Then again we've had others trying to unilluminate them cause that little dab of light keeps them awake shining in their eyes.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:42 AM   #7
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiacs View Post
My 32 RLI has mostly illuminated rocker switches on the interior control panel. Turn on the cabin lights and that switch is lit. The only two on the panel that don't light up are solid black plastic or bakelite. And they are the switches for the gas water heater function and the electric water heater function. Do these two circuits draw so much more current that illuminated switches aren't available? I wouldn't care but I'm paranoid about having the electric accidentally left on and somehow the tank is emptied.

Thoughts from you electrical wizards?
My water heater switches were just plain black rocker switches, which bothered me. I swapped them out with 2 red illuminated switches, as protection from inadvertently turning on if tank were empty.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote