Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Pulln

09 Fuzion 402 tank handle

Not sure if tank handle is the proper term but at the front left side there are two T shaped handles that pass through the bulk head. The very forward handle, left most handle as you are facing the two, is broken and from what I can tell the handle passes through this threaded piece and it that threaded piece has broken.

This camper is new to me so i don't even know what that handle goes to. I would really appreciate any details on what this handle does and help on identifying the part so i can replace it.

I do not have a direct picture of the handle because I dont have direct access to the camper right now but the red arrow points to where the two handles are located.

Best Regards,
Noah
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noname (8).jpg
Views:	118
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	4647  
Pulln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The handles are to your bathroom gray tank and the black tank. If I were to guess, I'd say the front handle is black and the rear handle is gray. There are a number of threads on how to repair the threaded rods and the valves already posted, do a forum search for black tank valve repair and you should get all the information you need.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Pulln

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The handles are to your bathroom gray tank and the black tank. If I were to guess, I'd say the front handle is black and the rear handle is gray. There are a number of threads on how to repair the threaded rods and the valves already posted, do a forum search for black tank valve repair and you should get all the information you need.

Good Luck
Thanks for the speedy reply. If I remember correctly there was a label in that box that said black where the two handles are and even more perplexing about midship there was another handle marked gray.

I've only had one night in the thing and Keystone does not have a model specific owners manual so I have had to guess about everything including what stuff is called . I appreciate the search tips and will look for the threaded rod and black tank valve repair.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

You can purchase both the T-pull handle and the threaded rod that screws into the pull valve. I've had two broken plastic handles and replaced them both with metal ones. In one case, the threaded rod came out of the valve assembly and; with a bit of Loctite applied, the repair was both quick and fairly easy. The difficult part was finding the female end of the valve to screw the threaded male rod into.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #5
Pulln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
You can purchase both the T-pull handle and the threaded rod that screws into the pull valve. I've had two broken plastic handles and replaced them both with metal ones. In one case, the threaded rod came out of the valve assembly and; with a bit of Loctite applied, the repair was both quick and fairly easy. The difficult part was finding the female end of the valve to screw the threaded male rod into.

Thanks for chiming in Festus2. I havent seen the end of the rod as it seems to still be connected and am hoping you might be able to clarify/elaborate on what you mean by threaded rod.

The piece that I am seeing that is broken is a threaded barrel of sorts that passes through the bulkhead. I think we are talking about the same thing but I havent been around the block even once yet and most of you folks have forgotten more than I have learned about this stuff.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
hankaye

Pulln, Howdy;

The handle that has been mentioned is near the bottom of the page
in the following link.
http://www.valterra.com/RV/rv-main.htm

If you can grip the rod that the handle is attached to with a pair of pliers
the you should be able to un-screw the handle from it. Then you simply
replace with the new one.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

The location and type of the tank valves and accompanying pull handles may be different since we do not have the same models -- I have a Cougar. My 3 pull handles are located under the 5th wheel. At each valve, there is a rod about 32" or so with a T-handle pull one the end. At the other, the rod has a threaded hole which screws onto a section of the valve. ( I can't remember if this end has a threaded hole or a threaded male connector/nipple). In my case, the rod came loose and I had to "put the two together again".

I had to cut a flap where the rod went into the coroplast so I could see what I was doing and find the point on the valve mechanism to which the rod would be attached. As I said earlier, I applied some Loktite to the threads on the rod and it has not worked itself loose since.

The T-handle also came loose - stripped threads on the plastic so the handle was replaced with a metal one.

Your set-up may be different than mine so my repair might not apply in your case.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
Roller4Tan

I think he's talking about the ferrel nut that holds the pull assembly to the bulkhead to keep in from moving in and out while opening and closing the valve. Maybe a hardware or rv store would have one.
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
Pulln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller4Tan View Post
I think he's talking about the ferrel nut that holds the pull assembly to the bulkhead to keep in from moving in and out while opening and closing the valve. Maybe a hardware or rv store would have one.
Thanks for sharing the term with me! yeah so there is something just like that passes through the bulk head and not sure how they did it but that threaded piece the the nut spins on to is snapped but the rod seems to still be attached.

I hope to get my TH back Friday afternoon and havig this knowledge you guys have shared with me will go a long ways to helping me communicate my needs/problems with the HW/Parts folks.

Much appreciated guys!
Old 12-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
ctpd814

pulln,

You mentioned a handle midship marked gray. This would be for the galley and washer gray water tank. Several have only found this after the kitchen sink quit draining.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
Pulln

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpd814 View Post
pulln,

You mentioned a handle midship marked gray. This would be for the galley and washer gray water tank. Several have only found this after the kitchen sink quit draining.
thanks for the heads up on that. So that means I have a tank that is not being emptied.

Man I have got to find the ferrule nut/retainer for that other T handle, lord only knows what is in that other tank.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
Pulln

I got under the camper this weekend and found out that the handle connects to a cable. On the bulkhead there is a ferrule bolt and nuts on each side of the bulkhead secure it so that the cable can move properly. I was able to capture a picture this weekend but it isn't great.

I havent been able to chase the cable down to the valve because I ended up troubleshooting an electrical issue. What I would like to know is if I can just replace the cable or do I have to replace the valve, cable and T handle.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Tank Cable at Bulkhead.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	4661  
Old 12-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Pulln

after much digging around I found that this is the part.

http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-TC72-.../dp/B002N5POF6