Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2022, 06:48 AM   #1
Sarge332

Reese Goose box vs Pullrite 4200 slider

I was curious if anyone has any experience towing a 5th wheel with a 2021 F350 SB, SRW with a Reese goose box. I'm currently using a pullrite 4200 slider which the complete setup weighs 334.5 lbs. The hitch works great, but I'm extremely close to my payload and would like to shed some weight. My only concern is the turning radius. I have never had to turn 90 degrees (and shouldn't have to) but I also do not want to have to worry about contacting the cab with the front cap.

Towing a 2015 Raptor 332TS

TIA
Sarge332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
bsmith0404

I’ve never used the Goosebox yet, but it’s in my future. I’ve towed many 5th wheels with a short bed (6.5’) over the years and never had a need for a slider. I’ve been using the Pullrite 2600 which gains me about 5-6” of cab clearance with the offset, but also use a Curt Q16 for towing other 5ers besides mine. I like the 2600, but realized there isn’t a need for it so I’m going to change to the Goosebox. Doing all the measuring, It looks like I’ll lose 4” compared to the 2600, but that’s still enough room for me to maneuver without cab contact. As for 90 degrees, have never had a need or desire to do that to my suspension. If a travel trailer doesn’t need to get to 90, neither does a 5th wheel.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:52 PM   #3
ShotgunZ71

Before we downsized to a 1500 and a TT, I had a fifth wheel with the Goose Box. Very smooth ride and hitching/unhitching was quite simple. The airbag and dual shocks take much of the chucking out. I can't say I've had it at 90°, but the camper was close enough to the cab that I didn't want to test it any farther! �� I know of at least 3 others that saw mine and have since changed out their kingpin setup and are glad they did.

One of the best parts is only having to remove the ball and chain anchors to get full bed access when needed.

Tags
slide