Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2022, 02:58 PM   #1
DonP

Distribution Center/Converter Issue

Looking for some thoughts. Just before leaving to come home (shore power still plugged in) (50amp) my wife dropped her (old) hair dryer. When she turned it on again it started fine then immediately lost power. I checked my EMS (50amp progressive industries) it was fine. Checked control panel breakers, all were un-tripped. Did not check all the fuses (in a hurry). At this point we started to see smoke coming from the control panel (my wife told me alter that it was coming from the oven vent also) at which point I unplugged from shore power (smoked stopped). All 12 volt works fine. Couldn't tell whether the charger was working after we hooked up because the solar was charging the batteries.

That's the story. Going to be checking out the Converter/Charger and Control Panel Wednesday. Converter WFCO WF-9800LiS, Control Panel WFCO WF-8930/50. Anything specific my son-in-law electrician should be looking for?

Tags
converter