Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2021, 06:54 PM   #141
Mroe67

Ok thanks for the info, I’ll let you know
Mroe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #142
mcomeaux

JC Refridgeration
Old 05-22-2021, 06:58 AM   #143
Mroe67

I'm going to give it one more chance. Upon recommendation from the fridge defender people, I've bought two additional fans for the condenser (back section) of the fridge to expel the heat. We'll see what that does. Will let you know after I receive and install the fans.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:35 AM   #144
LHaven

It would have been worthwhile to hang a thermometer or two inside the stack first to see if additional airflow is likely to make any difference. If it's 82° out and the temp in the stack is already 84° with the fans you have, it's not going to matter how many fans you add.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:46 AM   #145
Mroe67

It defiantly is a lot hotter in the stack, granted I didn't do a temp check yet, But sticking my arm up in there, it's quite hot. We are camping again this week, I will do a temp check to see. Thanks for the tip. I really believe the fans are going to help.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:02 AM   #146
Mroe67

Installed the two additional blowers. Now it have two at the bottom sucking in and blowing up and two at the top blowing out. My fridge is finally pulling down to temp in the Az heat. Waiting to see if it still works when we hit the triple digits. But, so far it’s doing A lot better than it has before the additional blowers.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:57 PM   #147
LHaven

Good news. Hope it comes through for you. Last year we had a record number of 110°+ days.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:08 AM   #148
Mroe67

Just took a trip from home (Arizona) across the USA to Ohio, Maine, then DC then back home. Put dry in the fridge in AZ to start out with as fridge won't pull down in AZ in the triple digits temperatures. Once we got out of the valley and the dry ice was gone, the fridge held temperature through out the trip, except after holding the door open for some time restocking. Then it pulled down fine. Got back home it was 104. fridge raised to 43. We just unloaded everything at that point. Since we don't use the RV in Arizona during the hot weather much. I think I'm going to just live with the issue rather than spending the money on a Amish unit.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:39 PM   #149
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mroe67 View Post
Just took a trip from home (Arizona) across the USA to Ohio, Maine, then DC then back home. Put dry in the fridge in AZ to start out with as fridge won't pull down in AZ in the triple digits temperatures. Once we got out of the valley and the dry ice was gone, the fridge held temperature through out the trip, except after holding the door open for some time restocking. Then it pulled down fine. Got back home it was 104. fridge raised to 43. We just unloaded everything at that point. Since we don't use the RV in Arizona during the hot weather much. I think I'm going to just live with the issue rather than spending the money on a Amish unit.
so a couple times people asked if the fridge was in a slide and what kind of space there was between the baffels andthe walls. sorry if you answered this and I didn't see it. if it is in a slide this is usaly the worst set up for air flow and they need fans and a propperly set up air baffel between the wall behind and beside the fridge and the fins on the back top of the fridge. there should be idealy about 1/4 of an inch and the fans should be drawing the air through. if there is to much of a gap you wont get proper heat transfer as the air will take the path of least resistance and not take as much heat away from the fins as it should. this can be fixed with new baffels more fans and such.

just somthing to check..
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:49 AM   #150
RickV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mroe67 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stircrazy View Post
so a couple times people asked if the fridge was in a slide and what kind of space there was between the baffels andthe walls. sorry if you answered this and I didn't see it. if it is in a slide this is usaly the worst set up for air flow and they need fans and a propperly set up air baffel between the wall behind and beside the fridge and the fins on the back top of the fridge. there should be idealy about 1/4 of an inch and the fans should be drawing the air through. if there is to much of a gap you wont get proper heat transfer as the air will take the path of least resistance and not take as much heat away from the fins as it should. this can be fixed with new baffels more fans and such.

just somthing to check..
If this is the case my previous 5er had the Dometic RM1350 (If I remember correctly) 4 door and it was in the slide. Had same problem when the temps got above around 90. I did this mod https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...EYif66lylX2Nce and that did the trick we also put one of these inside to keep the fins from icing up https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge