Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2020, 09:04 AM   #1
craigboley

'21 Bullet 330BHS Water Heater Issues

I've had my new '21 Bullet 330BHS for less than a week and I have yet to find a way to have the water heater operate appropriately. The best I've gotten so far was about 15 minutes of LP operation with a good pilot and exhaust. I'm not sure if the electric portion even works. This gave me a good 30 seconds of 'warm' water and then back to cold.

My water heater bypass and winterize valves are both set to 'off.' I drained the low point valves of antifreeze as the dealership had already winterized it. I filled the water heater and let some water run through all the lines for a minute or two then shut them off and proceeded to flip the LP switch (both LP tanks are full and switched ON). Worked for a few minutes and then shut off. There is no wind back there either. When that didn't work after a few cycle tries, I proceeded to attempt the electric switch...nothing. Then I flipped them both on at the same time......nothing. I let it sit overnight, came back out this morning and turned just the LP switch on. That's where I got the 15 minutes of water heater action for 30 seconds of warm water. It shut off by itself and hasn't been back on since. Ideas?
craigboley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
craigboley

Fixed!

So, it turns out that my water heater was perfectly fine after all. Being as cautious as I am, I followed the instructions and diagrams that were placed on the RV by the manufacturer. Unfortunately, the manufacturer made a boo-boo when installing the stickers on the bypass valves. The winterize valve was fine, but the Water Heater Bypass valve was labeled backwards. Off was On and On was Off. I took the camper to Camping World and they simply took a Sharpie and reversed the verbiage. Water heater works just fine...glad I filled the tank with water before I turned it on, though...that could've been a nightmare.
craigboley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, heat, heater, water, water heater