Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
BirchyBoy

Considering a different unit

After 1 year with our 238ML, my wife and I both feel that we know what we want more than we did originally. I'm sure this is nothing new, being first time buyers and all.

When we bought it, we compared it to the 195RB and the 199ML. The 195RB had lots more leg room and the 195RB had a small slide. I made the decision to go with the 238ML because I thought I'd be taking more "guy" trips to go hunting/fishing/drinking/whatever, and the more bunks the merrier. After 1 year, I know that isn't the case. The focus now will be what it should have been: what is best for the wife, me and our dogs. Others are a distant 10th or 11th place.

We're not in any hurry to do anything, but we are going to start looking around. I was intent on buying new originally, but I'm not so worried about that now. As long as the unit is clean and has been well maintained, I'll be happy. I'm going to call our salesman this week and see if he thinks that he can help us.

Whatever we get will still be on the lighter side. Under 4k, a basic hitch weight under 400lb, and a total length under 25' or so. We talked about going smaller, even maybe in the 19' range or so. You sure do learn a lot after one season!
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote