Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2024, 09:12 AM   #1
R Sticka

inverted a/c outlets

Hi all
We have a 2022 keystone Arcadia 36rl does anyone know how they separate
the inverted outlets? we have six that are labeled inverted/solar and two are
dead the tv and pantry when the inverter is on but they are hot when hooked
up to shore power the outlets are marked GFCI protected but the only one that has a reset and test button is in the bathroom. I have tried to find a wiring
diagram but no luck! thanks in advance for any info
Ron
R Sticka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 09:22 AM   #2
NH_Bulldog

You will never find a wiring diagram, because they do not exist.

All the outlet circuits are “daisy-chained”. One unbroken length of romex is run from point A to point B and outlets along the way are clipped onto the wires. The inverted outlets are on one string, and you really can’t tap into or add to the string, nor should you (other than adding an inverter if yours did not come with one).

The same holds true for GFI outlets. Typically, the only outlet with a reset is in the bathroom, but it controls all the other outlets on that circuit downstream from there.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 09:45 AM   #3
R Sticka

Thanks for the quick reply I will just have to tear into it and work my way down the line to find the open those two outlets are on a slide out might be a good place to start?
R Sticka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 09:53 AM   #4
NH_Bulldog

Are the two outlets (tv and pantry) labeled with the yellow inverted outlet sticker or are they labeled with the white GFIC sticker? The GFI and inverted outlets are two separate circuits and I do not believe they can be both inverted and GFI protected at the same time unless one of your 6 inverted outlets is itself a GFI outlet.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:34 PM   #5
LHaven

If the outlets are the only two in the slide and they are both dead, chances are good that they are at the end of a string of outlets and the problem may be due to the flexible cable that accommodates the opening and closing of the slide. If not that cable, then I would open up the slide outlet it feeds and the non-slide outlet that feeds it and make sure all their "punch in" connections are solid.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:38 PM   #6
NH_Bulldog

I was thinking the same thing, but I believe the OP said that the two outlets in question work fine on shore power, just not on inverter power.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:28 PM   #7
LHaven

You're right, I did see that go by. Never mind.

So then the question becomes: are the two dead outlets marked in some fashion as inverter outlets? Because if not, this behavior is totally appropriate. The problem statement is a little ambiguous. I can certainly see the TV outlet being on the inverter, but less so the pantry.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:03 AM   #8
Jusbored

Your inverter has two settings on the on off button. Pressed in is manual and sticking out is automatic. You may need to turn inverter to automatic mode. Double check your inverter to make sure when in battery mode that the output side of inverter is putting out 120v. I believe it is the romex wire closest to the outside. If it is not putting out 120v and you have reset inverter check the back of inverter there should be GFI there or a plate you can pull off to put one. Inside you will find a wiring harness for a GFCI. Check voltage at plug or harness whichever you have. If you get 120v there and nothing on output then it’s your transfer switch inside inverter. You should also have a GFCI receptacle in storage that is on the inverted outlet circuit however I don’t believe that to be feeding back out to other outlets. But double check that the GFI in outside storage or back of inverter needs to be reset.
Jusbored is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlets