Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2021, 09:41 PM   #1
RMCN

Stain to match cabinets?

Just curious if anyone has found the exact grey stain or something close to it in the quantum interior color scheme they are outfitting the Carbons with. I’d like to slide my medicine cabinet over and stain a mirror to match it to go over the sink.
RMCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:42 AM   #2
NH_Bulldog

I would first check that you actually have stained cabinets. Most are MDF with a photo-realistic “woodgrain” paper bonded to it. I doubt that in a side by side application like yours it would be anywhere close to matching.

If just being in the ballpark is good enough for you, I would pull a small piece of trim off from somewhere inconspicuous and take it to the local hardware store or paint retailer and they should be able to get you close, but variability in base material, application method, etc. will take a lot of trial and error.

As an alternative, maybe look at Trekwood and find a mirror, or maybe a cabinet door that matches, pop out the glass or panel from the door and install mirror glass and mount that. You may even be able to find some trim pieces so you can build your own frame.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
RMCN

I’ve got some of both stained wood and laminated MDF. Those don’t match up perfectly either. My 8 year old started to catch on to the laminated stuff having the same grain and knots all around the camper and asked if they used the same tree to build the whole thing. I like the idea of taking a trim piece down to the paint shop. Thanks
RMCN is offline   Reply With Quote