Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
Marco

Soft spot in floor

I have a 15 keystone impact 300 toy hauler in the toy hauler area i notice soft spot as you walk in the rear by the door entrance . also by the vent area as you walk inside the unit in front of the sink was wet under the cabinet but was no signs of leaks i ran water no leaks whats the problem this unit was barley used like brand new whats the problem with the floors. Very disappointed.
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:46 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Lots more information would be needed before any advice could be provided. First, how is the unit stored? How often is "roof inspection/maintenance" performed? Have you noticed an wet/damp walls, floors, window attachments? Any issues with wet carpet around the slides? How is the unit winterized? Have you checked for plumbing leaks? How extensive is the "wet area under the sink?

That's just a start, but with more history/photos/information someone may have experienced a similar issue with their trailer.

As for your RV "being almost new condition" a unit that sits on the dealership lot for 4 years with no maintenance may well have more problems with water intrusion, rot and damage than a unit that's well cared for, has been towed 30,000 miles or more, lived in for weeks/months at a time while camping, and carefully maintained....

I'm not suggesting that you've ignored maintenance on your RV, but at this point, we have no idea of the history of the unit or how it's been maintained or stored.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
Mrbrush

We bought our new 2018 Cougar last Nov and stored it over the winter with a trailer cover that protected it from the elements. This is our second trip with it and have noticed serious soft floor issues in the area between the outside door the bathroom door and in front of the frig. We’ve barely owned it 6 months and should not be seeing these sorts of issues. Are there any factory recalls regarding his sort of issue

Addendum to the above
Before taking possession, the dealer inspected the roof seals, the trailer in general and winterized the unit.
It’s now 1 July and I’m detecting a new soft spot in front of the bed which for a new trailer leans towards the argument that the floor was defective from the beginning
Tnx
mrbrush
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4205DEA-09D1-48CB-B408-EB9F521D7648.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	22504
Mrbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:11 AM   #4
rjsurfer

Soft floors are one of the worst issues you can have with a camper, our 2017 had two areas where the floor was rotting. There was no way to tell there was even a problem until it was too late. These new laminated foam floor systems are prone to having water wick through the upper and lower luan surfaces that surround the foam. Once the luan rots away the foam loses all it's support, bye, bye floor.

The way campers are built makes repair very difficult.

The dealer quoted the manufacturer $10k to repair the problem under warranty, fortunately the dealer and the manufacturer worked out a deal to put us in a new camper n/c.

Best of luck.

Ron
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
duh1

peel back and see id really rotting. Our keystone developed a similar problem. No rot just too much use and supports too far apart.
duh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #6
CenTXMichellle

We have an Avalanche that has a soft spot in the kitchen adjacent to a vent. It's been there pretty much from the get go and not getting any worse. We just didn't bother getting it fixed while still under warranty because it would've been such a hassle. Pretty sure it is either an over cut in the wood for the vent placement or where 2 boards meet without underlying support. I guess we will fix it eventually in a floor remodel. Isnt that a sad reflection on the rv service industry that we would rather live with it than count on them to fix it correctly in a timely manner? Smh.
CenTXMichellle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:21 AM   #7
Roscommon48

Anyone here under warranty needs to get it to their dealer like yesterday.

Major problems are coming if you have water in trailer, and it sounds like it is related to that.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #8
stevemac

Check on youtube under RV floor delamination. I fixed mine with the epoxy method and dowels. you just cut around the edges of the linolium lift it off and follow the youtube video instructions. I used west sytems 2 part epoxy, worked great. floor is much more solid than it was from new.
stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor