Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
Bob Landry

Fantastic Fan

I'm finally fed up with having to take the battery out of the smoke alarm that's in front of the stove everytime we cook because Keystone didn't see fit to install an exhaust for the range hood. Man, if there is ever another trailer in my future, I'll check for that and it will be a deal breaker if it's not there. What a PITA. I don't know why they even bothered with a range hood. it would have been cheaper to just put a light over the stove and call it good. <rant off>

Specifically, this is an Outback 277RL. I'm just wondering if anyone has relaced this manual vent with a Fantastic Fan, and if so where you picked up the 12V for it. There is a ceiling light fixture close to it that I'm sure I could get power from the 12V wiring to the light, but that would require that the ceiling light switch be turned on. That's not a deal breaker, but I would rather have an independent power source for the fan. I called Keystone( for another issue) lookin for a wiring schematic and was told they don't use them(Called BS on that one), so I'm on my own.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote